Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Turning my Projector/reciever off (hdmi) simultaneously turns off my computer monitor (dvi)

KRune
Beginner

My setup is as follows:

Windows 8.1 HD Graphics 4600 video bios 2170 driver 10.18.10.3412

I have a https://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=782481 ASUS H87I-PLUS with a https://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=780482 Intel Core i7-4770S (HD4600)

The DVI port is connected to my ASUS VN248H monitor.

The HDMI port is connected to a Yamaha RX-V375 reciever and then to a BenQ W1070 Projector

The DVI/Asus monitor is set as primary display.

I have a couple of issues, but his is the biggest one:

If I turn off either the Benq or the Yamaha (HDMI), my DVI port with Asus monitor also goes blank, leaving me without display.

If both monitor and reciever/projector is on, I turn off the projector, my monitor goes blank. Turning off the reciever and on again will restore my monitor !! (even though they are not connected). So the HDMI port needs an "active" connection for the DVI to work.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
AMart52
Novice

Have you tried to put your Asus monitor HDMI instead of DVI?

0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

Thank you for your suggestion, it's been on my mind, but there is a cabling issue. So I've not been able to test yet. I'll see if I can do it temporarly to test if it changes anything.

0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

Changing the cabling did not make any difference.

Edit: I also tried the beta drivers posted on top of this forum, but they have same problem.

0 Kudos
AMart52
Novice

By logical deduction or is something physical and it is not possible to solve it by software. You may have to admit it's a physical failure and resolve it as it does today.

0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

It's for sure a software issue. I dualboot and have run several linux distributions on this hardware and have never encountered this problem before.

0 Kudos
AMart52
Novice

The foolishness of the week. Has it occurred to you to change the monitor with the keyboard combination to single monitor. And then off the other devices.

0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

It actually has, I tried it before swapping cables and tried it again now. Win+P and select PC Screen only, the projector says no input, and desktop is only on monitor. Turning off the reciever at this point and monitor (direct hdmi cable from pc to monitor) loose signal aswell.

0 Kudos
AMart52
Novice

It does not resolve it?

Eliminates computer drivers and then detect it again and install. Is this what you tried?

0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

"Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" does not show the same behavior.

I will now tro to reinstall a intel driver. This time I will try the one on Asus website, even though it's rather old. 10.18.10.3262

0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

So Basic windows driver does not have the problem.

Tried installing driver from Asus website but it refused to install. So had to go with the official Intel drivers and issue is back again. Monitor output is cut as soon as I turn off my projector or reciever.

0 Kudos
AMart52
Novice

you've found your problem. is a problem in the intel driver. has reported the problem already intel.

0 Kudos
AMart52
Novice

I've been to the Asus site and send you the link I've been seeing.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87IPLUS/# support Motherboards - H87I-PLUS

I suggest you upgrade in the following order:

1. The BIOS if necessary.

Two. the chipset

Three. VGA

Devéria solve your problem. But dimelo and we will solve together, whatever.
0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

Bios is up to date,

chipset drivers are loaded from asus website

graphics drivers would not install from asus website, using intel official drivers.

"Devéria solve your problem. But dimelo and we will solve together, whatever. "

I don't understand ?

0 Kudos
AMart52
Novice

I'm sorry. I don't speak english. Although I try.

It should solve your problem. If not resolved, you will tell me and solving it together.

0 Kudos
AMart52
Novice

Sorry but even this well install the intel driver I'm not agree. Asus may have a better driver because they are the official assemblers and maybe the driver is modified by them.

Think about it.
0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

Bios is up to date, chipset drivers are up to date installed from asus website. Det graphics driver will not install, nothing happens when I runs the asussetup or setup. When I ran setup my display blanked for a few seconds but no driver was installed. Nothing comes up on screen, just hourglass on mouse pointer.

0 Kudos
AMart52
Novice

Another thing if it worked the official Microsoft driver; Why not leave it rather than the Asus.

0 Kudos
AMart52
Novice

The correct order for a VGA drivers than update isn't:

1. Remove driver.

2. Install driver.

I do not recommend installing a new one over the other. NO
0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

Yes, when I tried to install Asus driver only Microsoft basic display driver was installed.

0 Kudos
KRune
Beginner

Default microsoft driver does not support extend dual screen only clone. And I need HW support

0 Kudos