3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 2:54 AM by SpiderKenny

Galileo Interrupts?

bamacken

I am looking to recreate an audio project found on instructables. The final source deals with interrupt routines and instructions for analog to digital conversion (ADC). It seems that most of the code in the sample requires AVR inline assembly. After some reading is seems that the Galileo doesn't support this. Is there a way to get interrupt routines and increase sample rate for analog measurements?

• 1. Re: Galileo Interrupts?
          AlexanderMerz

Even if the Galileo would support interrupts in an Arduino sketch, you wouldn't get the required resolution to do ADC in an Arduino sketch.

But remember: The Galileo is a linux board with an USB host port. There are several projects where people try to use a Raspberry Pi and USB soundcards for audio projects. Maybe you can adopt them their ideas and tools for your project.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Galileo Interrupts?
            Randation

Does Galileo support interupts at all from Arduino sketches??

Are there any Arduino sketch examples that user _any_ interrupt successfully with the Galileo? I'm not having any luck finding one.

Thanks in advanced.

• 3. Re: Galileo Interrupts?
              SpiderKenny

Interrupts may not be the solution here.

The Galileo does support buffered ADC conversion, but possibly not directly from Sketches - you may need to use the System() command to perform some file system commands. This way you interface with the ADC system through the file system, setting up the ADC channels and defining trigger events, capture size and so on and then read the results from a file. This would be how you'd do it with a 'native' linux program, so a bit of googling on how to do ADC on Linux might be the starting place. :-)

A few weeks ago I posted in this forum about reading ADC 1000 time per second, which was a starting point - but it doesn't use continuous sampling it just sets up a timer to read the adc every time the timer fires, but there are better ways - by setting the ADC to continuous mode and reading the resulting samples from the file system.