Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Problems with Intel HD 4600 - Screen all tored.

VGluk
Beginner

I tried to use Intel's HD 4600 graphics on my i7 4770k chip and ran into screen being all torn apart. When I try to go into hd properties it freezes and gives me an error that hd 4600 crashed. The second I uninstall and use standard vga graphic adapter everything works fine. I tried installing drivers from my motherboard (Asus Maximus VI Hero), through windows update and directly from Intel, even tried beta drivers. All have the same result. I also had GFXeuiF (or something like that) give me a crash error as well. Saw online that it could be related to .NET frame so I uninstalled it and re-installed with the same results.

Edit - Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Edit 2 - When I take a print screen these rips are not there, just a clear picture of what I'm taking.

I'm attaching an image to show what it looks like. These tiny boxes/rips move a little as I do things in the windows.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MMetc
Beginner

I am having the exact same problem as you and was about to open a discussion when i saw yours.

The problem originated when I was playing a game, namely Diablo 3 when it suddenly crashed and the screen got all ''tored'' like you put it. It got so bad that i couldn't even open apps anymore. I reinstalled windows again everything went ok till i updated to the newest driver. I updated to windows 8.1 in hopes that the problem would be solved but it persisted.

Haven't come up with a solution yet. The only thing i've come up with out of frustration is to disable the 4600 driver, which, works but it's only a 'band-aid' solution really.

Windows 8

Windows 8.1

I'm using a Sager NP8250

0 Kudos
Odear
Beginner

I am also noticing the same problem as above. Had to refresh the desktop to remove the tores.

Also when i am browsing the internet, if i scroll down some pages i get tearing across my monitor.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Lazha & Oh_dear,, what type of display are you using?

Can anyone change the memory modules in their system to a different brand and test the results?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
Odear
Beginner
0 Kudos
VGluk
Beginner

I'm using AOC I2757FH, I got a pair of these. (same results on both monitors)

I'm currently using Adata 16gig 2400 ram, also tried 4gigs of Corsair Dominator 1600 and tried 8gigs of Patriot 1600 all with the same results.

Tried my old AMD HD 5850 and no problems with display and currently using GeForce GTX 780 Ti and no problems either.

0 Kudos
VGluk
Beginner

Yes I am using the latest drivers. I've also tried beta and it had the same result.

0 Kudos
MMetc
Beginner

I forgot to add that this happened when i started using a second screen, a Sony Bravia screen, for the first time. When the problem happened it was not connected tho.

Yes the new Drivers don't work for me either. Actually it has gotten worse. i reinstalled Windows 8, installed an early version of the driver, the one that's in the Driver DVD that comes with your Computer/Laptop and the same thing happened. I'm worried that the Graphics Card got damaged/it's a hardware problem.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ mmetcalf,, Thanks for the additional info. If run just a single display, doe the issue still occur? What type of cable are you using for the second display? Do you have access to a different cable you could try?

0 Kudos
MMetc
Beginner

1. Yes, (should've bee more specific) It happens on my Laptop Screen now.

2. I'm using an HDMI cable. It's from Chinese Brand called WEI. It was a gift from a friend who bought it in South America (if that's any help).

3. Not at the moment but i will try for sure. But since now the problem is located at my primary screen i can't really do much since i, for example, get black screens when i try to open basic Windows features such as Control Panel. I don't have any Intel driver installed at the moment since i'm having this issue. I'll try and see what happens

0 Kudos