11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 8:16 PM by nucun123

Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset

Aquila

After i had the PowerButton Bug, I made a Battery Cable reset now and my Powerbutton works again but i get a new Problem.

Now i cannot start the Nuc with my IR Remote, before resetting the battery i didn´t have this Problem, after i boot it manually with Power Button, IR works well. It is very necessary for me so please give it a look Intel-Team

Cant find any solution, in Bios IR is active

msata inside, no usb sticks

• 1. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
          Aquila

Forgot to write, it concerns D34010WYK

Bios 024

• 2. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
            sylvia_intel

hello Aquila, there is a customer having a similar behavior but backward. He is able to power up his NUC using a remote control, but he is not able to turn it off completely. The NUC goes to sleep mode instead.

These are some recomendation we could provide for this issue:

• Please check which the settings under “Power” on the BIOS screen are.
            • There are users reporting this behavior and they were able to solve it by enabling or disabling the “Deep S4/S5” option.
            • You can also check under “S3 state indicator” which setting do you have?  Please let me know.
            • Have you tested any other remote software application?
            • 3. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
              Aquila

Hello Sylvia,

i have everything tested and nothing works, also reseted Battery Cable a second Time, tried Bios 023 and 024 but nothing helps.

IMG_20140307_225853545.jpg

• 4. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
                sylvia_intel

Aquila, I know this might be frustrating but it will be necessary in order to find out if changing some setting on BIOS may fix this issue.

1. Under power, please change the “after power failure” from stay off to power on.  Saved and restart the system. Please test your remote.

2. The “S3 state indicator” please change it from OFF to ON. Saved and restart the system. Please test your remote.

3. Please enable the “deep S4/S5” setting. Saved and restart the system. Please test your remote.

It is very important to make all the possible combinations, since we might find the correct setting.

• 5. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
                  Aquila

Hello Sylvia and thank you for your reply.

I didn´t want to waste a lot of time with the Nuc, I've done enough already.

So i send it back to a Netherland Adress, but i have to say your Customer Service is Amazing, i sent it back last Monday and today i got a new one, also the employee, with whom I spoke on the telephone, was very friendly.

This Nuc seems to work well, everything works out of the box, up on the known reboot error, but i know the workaround to fix this.

I think my first Nuc was defective and I'm glad to have exchanged

• 6. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
                    sylvia_intel

Excellent Aquila. Thanks for your feedback. We are always trying to give our best in order to resolve customer issues as soon as possible.

I'm glad to know your new NUC is working perfectly.

• 7. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
                      so-me-one

Unfortunately i have the same problems. I cannot power up my NUC via CIR.

When i use Windows it works fine. (The OS which shutdown the NUC 'decides' wether it startups via IR or not)

Using Linux (openELEC) for which purpose i bought that box, i cannot power it up. I also tried your settings without success.

The Reboot on Shutdown Error also occurs only with Linux.

• 8. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
                        sylvia_intel

Did you perform all troubleshooting requested, such as latest BIOS and drivers?

Remember that we provide drivers for Windows 7, 8 or 8.1

• 9. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
                          so-me-one

Yes, i did. latest 0025 BIOS is also applied.

This Bug only occurs if i shutdown from openELEC. (where the Harmony works fine with the patch you can find in several forums)

When i use windows 7 (with latest drivers) i can shutdown the NUC and start the NUC with my Harmony via IR.

Only after shutdown from Linux (openELEC) i cannot startup.

But how can a shutdown from Linux be different from a Windows shutdown?

• 10. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
                            nucun123

Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset

Exactly same problem here.

I have a D54250WYKH which i updated to 0024 some weeks ago and it worked well with 0024 (no issues, power on via remote from full off state worked perfectly).

The problems started when i upgraded to 0025, which caused my DVB-C USB TV-Stick to hang during tuning.

I tried fixing it by removing the jumper and recover/downgrade back to "good" 0024.

Recover went through, but the TV-Stick still crached as bad as it first started with 0025, although i was back on 0024!

So after endless hours of trial-and-error i ended up taking the NUC apart and to remove the BIOS-battery. (On haswell NUC there is NO jumper setting for CMOS clear! This exists only for other NUC models, not Haswell i3/i5 models)

After clearing CMOS i did some more recoveries to 0024 and the NUC seemed to function again with the DVB-C stick on 0024 like it did before. (Side info: I recreated the 0025 problems multiple times to verify that there has to be something wrong with 0025.)

Now i'm back on 0024 which works okay, but i lost the functionality to POWER ON the nuc via MCE remote.

It worked with 0024 before doing a CMOS clear. Now - with 0024 and after a CMOS clear - BIOS settings are the same as before - it does not work anymore. I have to power on the NUC with the power-button on the case.

What now?

• 11. Re: Can´t Power On with IR anymore after a Battery Reset
                              nucun123

Today, i again invested hours trying to get it to work as before battery removing clear-cmos.

In detail: Today i recovered to 0022 (device arrived with 0022 as far as i remember) then again updated to 0024, again clear cmos via battery:

no luck - still can't power on via remote like before with 0024 - although im still on 0024 now.

Intel, please fix this with a new bios version. It's been almost 6 month since initial bios release and still such major issues :-(