4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2014 2:46 PM by eagamezg

USB sends a signal that cause my program to restart

eagamezg

I'm connecting galileo and a PC via USB, and I'm sending some messages (from PC to galileo) without a problem. The problem appear when my PC turns off. Galileo USB is receiving a wired signal (while PC turns off) that causes to reset my program :/

I have tried to close the port (Serial.end) in order to stop receiving commands, but issue still present, any advice? Thank you  

• 1. Re: USB sends a signal that cause my program to restart
          Intel_Jesus

Hi eagamezg,

I am trying to reproduce your issue. I have a sketch running calling a python script. I shut down my computer leaving Galileo plugged in via USB. My program runs continuously with or without my computer. Can you provide your source code so I can try to reproduce this with your code?

Regards,

Intel_JEspinoza

• 2. Re: USB sends a signal that cause my program to restart
            eagamezg

In fact, since I remove the USB connection from my personal computer, it restart the program :/

• 3. Re: USB sends a signal that cause my program to restart
              Intel_Jesus

Hi eagamezq,

Can you please attach the .ino file using the advance editor option. How do you know your program restarts (please add more details)?

Regards,

Intel_Jespinoza

• 4. Re: USB sends a signal that cause my program to restart
                eagamezg

Hi Intel_JEspinoza,

How do I realize that is the program is restarting? because after each USB unplug (from my PC), program prints: "WAITING1 USB","DATA... "

This message is displayed in void setup section. See attached ino file (sketch_mar10a.ino).

How to reproduce, way one:

1.-Flash the ino program attached

2.-When LCD prompt "WAITING1 USB","DATA... ", use serial monitor and send any character. After that you will see "ERROR USB PATTERN", " "

3.-After a while, on LCD you will see, WAITING2 USB","DATA..."

4.-At this point, you can unplug USB cable, and on LCD  will see the first message: "WAITING1 USB","DATA... "

How to reproduce, way two:

1.-Flash the ino program attached

2.-When prompt "WAITING1 USB","DATA... " use serial monitor and send any character. After that you will see "ERROR USB PATTERN", " "

3.-After a while, you will see, WAITING2 USB","DATA...

4.-At this point, turn off your computer (where you have galileo connected),  and on LCD  will see the first message: "WAITING1 USB","DATA... "

Note that I'm using a LCD 16X2, OSEPP_LCD_Keypad_Shield,  which contains SPLC780D controller.

Thank you.