@milkywayy,, Your HP system has graphics drivers installed that have been customized by HP specifically for your system. If you update them with the generic Intel HD Graphics drivers, you will loose the HP customizations which may cause your system to not function the HP intended it to.
If you do want to take the risk of installing generic drivers, I would recommend creating a restore point prior to the installation.
Here are the steps you need to use to install the generic drivers.
1. Login with administrator privileges
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Device Manager
4. Click on "Display adapters"
5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
6. Click on the "Driver" tab
7. Click on "Update Driver" button
8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10. Click on "Have Disk" button
11. Click "Browse"
12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Beta Intel HD Graphics driver to
13.Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
16. Click "Next"
Driver should now be installing.
17. If successful, click "Close"
Thank you for your answer, but sadly it didn't work.
I tried to do as you instructed, but when I tried to install it, I got an error saying something like "The driver chosen for the device doesn't support this version of Windows"
I tried to install this update. I don't know if it's the right one. But I found one thing that doesn't match; my processor is Intel Celeron 1007U, but the 1007U wasn't listed in the description of the update.
@ milkywayy, Here is the list of supported COPU's, the 1007u is there. I am continuing to investigate the issue you are seeing.
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200 4th
Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100 4th
Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 5000/4600/4400/4200
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics
with Intel® HD Graphics
Intel® Pentium® Processor
3558U/3561Y/G3220/G3220T/G3320TE/G3420/G3420T/G3430 with Intel® HD
Processor 3550M/3556U/3560Y with Intel® HD Graphics
G1610T/G1630 with Intel® HD Graphics
Intel® Celeron® Processor 2000E/2002E/2950M/2955U/2980U/2955U
with Intel® HD Graphics
2957U/2961Y/2981U/G1820/G1820T/G1820TE/G1830 with Intel® HD