5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 11:11 AM by sylvia_intel

DN 2820 Power usage measurement

LesMoss

I plugged my NUC into a killawatt meter to see power usage running Win7 media center. It idles at 5W and uses 8-9 when displaying 1080 HD video streaming from my HD Homerun cable tuner.

Never gets more than warm and the video quality is flawless. I am impressed.

I used a wired Ethernet connection. The 7260 wireless could not keep up and of course the bluetooth does not work. Why didn't they just ship without this card and reduce the price another $20.

• 1. Re: DN 2820 Power usage measurement
          sylvia_intel

LesMoss, according to this post, I understood you are having issues with the wireless card included on your NUC. Is this correct?

Would you please provide me additional information on the issue you are experiencing when you are using the wireless adapter?

• Is there a difference in WIFI connectivity if Bluetooth is off/on?
          • Is there a difference in WIFI connectivity if the connection is set to 802.11g (802.11n disabled)?

Would you also provide me the following information?

• Hardware information
            • Memory:
            • mSATA:
            • BIOS version
          • WIFI software version:
          • Operating system:
          • Access point model and firmware:
          • Access point band and channel used:

Regards,

• 2. Re: DN 2820 Power usage measurement
            LesMoss
            • Is there a difference in WIFI connectivity if Bluetooth is off/on? The BIOS does not seem to have any way to turn that device off.
            • Is there a difference in WIFI connectivity if the connection is set to 802.11g (802.11n disabled)? How do I disable N?

Would you also provide me the following information?

• Hardware information
              • Memory: 4Gig
              • mSATA: Old Sandisk SATA2 SSD
              • BIOS version 0025
            • WIFI software version: Latest listed on this site.
            • Operating system: Windows 7 64bit
            • Access point model and firmware: Netgear 3700 latest firmware
            • Access point band and channel used: 2.4Ghz Ch 1 (Is this supposed to work on 5Ghz???)

There is an ongoing discussion of this problem at: communities.intel.com/thread/47530

• 3. Re: DN 2820 Power usage measurement
              sylvia_intel

I have been informed there is a plan to release new software to fix the issue regarding the Bluetooth. However, there are customers reporting that when using a previous driver version, they were able to use it.

Additional info on this  Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth� technology

The following link will show you the advanced adapter settings and how to configure settings to meet your wireless network requirements.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025393.htm

• 4. Re: DN 2820 Power usage measurement
                LesMoss

Any suggestion on which of those listed drivers would be best for the NUC? What does the asterisk mean on the recent ones?

Thanks for the advanced settings info.

• 5. Re: DN 2820 Power usage measurement
                  sylvia_intel

LesMoss, 

It is important to know which the current driver version for your Bluetooth is, in order to install the previous one. Just make sure you download the correct driver depending on your Operating system.

Regarding the asterick, it is only to point out that it is a branded software.