3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 9:32 AM by Danielo

No Memory Errors - DX58SO

Danielo

I am getting intermittent  "no Memory" errors on the DX58SO board (three long beeps) and no boot...seems to be happening when I first turn on the power switch after leaving it for awhile (like overnight). I was able to load an operating system and reboot the computer many times without the same errors. No errors from within the operating system as well

When it does occur I tried reseating the memory and moving the modules around as well as clearing the CMOS but that did not start it up...I had to restart it several times and then it booted. I restarted it several times after that (even a cold boot) with no problems.

I should note that I do not believe the memory to be a problem...when I first booted the board the other day I ran three passes of Memtest and there were no errors.

The intel rep suggested that it may be because:

"...The memory module voltage and timings are sometimes not detected correctly in the BIOS and can be adjusted manually to increase the system stability. There is an option in the BIOS to adjust this configuration.
      You can go to Performance > Memory Overrides and check that the RAM and timings match those provided by your manufacturer.  Do not change these settings without checking with them first, since a misconfiguration could damage both the motherboard and/or the RAM."

The memory settings (auto) in the BIOS are as follows:

VCLK Multiplier - 20
      Memory Multiplier - 10
      TCL - 9
      TRCD - 9
      TRP - 9
      TRASMIN - 24
      TRFC - 74
      TRRD - 5
      TWR - 10
      TWTR - 5
      TRTP - 5
      Memory Voltage -1.54

Any ideas or opinions?

Motherboard - Intel DX58SO Smackover - AA Number E29331-501, BIOS: SOX5810J.86A.2127
      CPU - Intel Core i7 920 - Spec# SLBCH
      Memory - Corsair XMS3 TR3X6G1333C9 G Matched Triple 6GB Kit (3x2GB) DDR3-1333MHz 9-9-9-24 240-pin Triple Channel Memory for Core i7
      Optical Drive - Pioneer DVR-216D Dual Layer DVD±R/RW Drive (SATA) OEM, Black
      Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda (ST31000528AS) 7200.12 SATA 3.0Gb/s 1000GB (1TB) 32MB Cache (OEM)
      Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 275 633MHZ 896MB 2.26GHZ DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV Out Video Card
      Power Supply - Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W ATX Triple Power Supply 120MM Fan 12V 50A Continuous 24PIN ATX Modular
      Operating System - Windows 7 RC 64 Bit
      Case -Thermaltake VH8000BWS Armor+ MX ATX Mid-Tower Case - 230mm Fan
      Front Panel - Vantec UGT-CR955 -59-In-1 Multifunction Internal Card Reader (Retail)