Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

HD4000 Driver negatively affects ASIO audio performance.

SDept1
Novice

I confirmed this with 4 different Mac Mini 2013 running windows 7 ultimate x64. That recent versions of Intel HD4000 Graphic Driver updates are having problems with the (Digital Audio Workstation)DAW software's ASIO performance. The symptom manifests whenever there is a GUI element on the screen that needs to be redrawn(ie. resizing/moving window, scrolling webpages), it causes the audio to click and pop. Rolling back to older versions of the graphic display driver resolves this problem immediately. Tested DAWs are most recent version of Reaper, multiple versions of Samplitude. The audio hardware is RME-audio UFX, FF400 and Babyface. They're the best in class and they did run smoothly and trouble free from the date of purchase till now. So they're not the source of this problem. Can you guys give me some tips on how to get around this without using older versions of the display driver?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Avis,

I am sorry to hear you are having this problem with the system.

Please note that the support on Mac units is provided by Apple only so my recommendation is to contact them for further assistance.

0 Kudos
SDept1
Novice

The problem is not with the systems or the hardware, but the software driver. So technically, you should feel sorry about THAT instead of my systems, And by the way, please note that just because the units were made by Apple doesn't automatically absolve Intel from its responsibilities. Bootcamped Mac systems may not get official support from Intel, but I'm not asking it, This is a support community and I appreciate any help from anyone. Unfortunately, your comment doesn't appear to be helpful, but thanks anyway.
0 Kudos