We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3412 and is available at the following locations.
Also; Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.
Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.
If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. I'll give a good list here though;
- Some users are still experiencing either black screens OR Code43/31 issues on systems that utilize either 3rd party graphics cards or are using Intel-graphics only systems. If you are still having this issue, please provide that information here alongside an updated dxdiag report, and your system/motherboard model.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing* - This game was previously experiencing black screens during game-loading an character-loading. These issues should be resolved with this driver.
- Netflix* experiencing screen distortion and loss of video/audio quality while being played in 5.1 sound. This issue has not been able to be reproduced internally, and therefore we have been unable to diagnose the issue.
- Pokemon TCG Online* - This game is experiencing intermittent crashes at random times during game play and menu navigation. This issue has been reproduced internally and we are attempting to diagnose whether this is an application failure or graphics driver failure.
- Display Audio Loss over AV/R or locally when a system goes to sleep/standby. This issue has been partially resolved. We have released BIOS updates for affected 8 Series boards/NUC's which resolves the issue. For users who are still experiencing the issue on non-Intel manufactured systems/boards, refer to the instructions in this thread; HDMI Audio Loss - Call To Action
- Display Audio Loss over AV/R or locally when a system goes to sleep/standby. This issue is still in the process of being resolved. The resolution is not the same as what we provided via BIOS update for the 8 Series boards/NUC's, so it has not been a simple fix.
- Low Memory errors. If you are still experiencing this issue with this driver, please provide that information in this thread alongside an updated dxdiag report and Intel Graphics Report.
if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.
If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).
I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!
I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me or any of the other Intel representatives directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - it will be checked daily.
Thank you for your feedback and contributions!