Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD5000 / Windows 7-64 DP1.2 MST Hub Multi-monitor Issue

MLemi1
Beginner

I'm running on an Intel NUC i5 (Haswell) and driving 3x1080p monitors via a Display port 1.2 Multi stream transport hub. The Intel drivers detect the hub and monitors correctly, but each time I reboot I lose one of the monitors. The DisplayPort topology dialogue indicates the monitor is present, but the monitor is not getting any signal. The only work around is to enter into the windows screen resolution and disconnect and then re-connect the display and then all works well until I reboot. In my application I need all the displays to come up seamlessly, so I am hoping there is a solution to fix this.

I'm running the latest drivers (as of last week) for the Intel NUC D54250WYK. Thanks in advance.

-Marc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I understand you are connecting 3 monitors via Display port MTS and every time you reboot, looses one of the monitors. Based on the display port information I got from engineering department, that's the way 3 monitor configuration will work for Intel HD Graphics 5000.

See the following URL for additional information:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm

Why does one of the external monitors in my three display configuration go undetected by Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel?

When the bandwidth/dot clock exceeds the maximum allowable limits, a monitor might not show up in the Intel graphics user interface. The graphics driver dynamically enumerates displays in the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel/Graphics and Media Control Panel based on the bandwidth availability.

Allan.

0 Kudos
MLemi1
Beginner

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure this is a case of exceeding maximum bandwidth. (3 x 1080p is far less bandwidth compared to DisplayPort 1.2 maximum). The monitor actually shows up on the control panel as being active, so it is being detected, but not driven. I can disable and re-enable the monitor and then all is well. If I can correct the problem after boot, then surely there is a way for this to work automatically after reboot. Interestingly when I configure the 3 displays as a collage as opposed to extended desktop, most of the time they all come up fine. Surely someone else has run into this issue. I can reproduce this on 3 of my Intel NUC's. Appreciate any support here.

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos