Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2048 Discussions

Can't reinstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) after flipping BIOS back to RAID

DH9
Beginner

Hi. I updated my Gigabyte Z68 motherboard's BIOS but I forgot to flip the SATA back to RAID mode because the motherboard defaults back to IDE after a BIOS update. (the RAID is for caching a hard disk with a small SSD)

When I finally noticed that Intel RST wasn't working, it was a week later. When I tried to flip SATA back to RAID I couldn't get the RST to install because of some non-descriptive "fatal error"... I couldn't even go back to just uncached IDE disk mode anymore because doing so would result in BSOD whenever I try to boot into Windows 7.

I'm up creek without a paddle now. Please help. I've attached error logs from the attempted RST reinstalls.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I understand you had problems with Intel® Rapid Storage after updating BIOS on your system.

The problem seems to be a registry issue and would not be fixed until you re install the operating system.

This happened because the BIOS changed SATA modes and the registry of your operating system was modified.

Allan.

0 Kudos
MQuiz
Beginner

Hi Allan,

I am using windows 8.1/64. recently i have a problem with intel RST, the error message were "intel RTS not running". I had tried too many options/methods unfortunately unsuccessful. I had decided to uninstall for a while hoping that i can reinstall it easily but again i am having a hard time to reintall it. Kindly help me if there's any way to reinstall intel RST.

Ty

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry to hear you have this problem with Intel® Rapid Storage.

If this is a registry problem, you may need to fix the registry by running System Restore for your operating system.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-system-restore# 1TC=windows-7 What is System Restore? - Windows Help

Or the last resort would be re-installing the operating system from scratch.

Allan.

0 Kudos