1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 11:05 AM by nowherevill

DN2820FYKH - NUC shutdown when TV is off

FedericoJ

Hi,

I have run into an interesting issue connecting my DN2820FYKH on my Toshiba 46TL933G via HDMI. Once I turn off the TV the NUC shutdowns and loop-restarts until eventually it goes into the Windows diagnostic screen. I have found a temporary solution but I would like to know if this is a driver related issue.

Relevant Details:

Windows 8.1 Professional-N x64

Intel Graphics driver version 10.18.10.3383

Bios v0025

Every other driver as per DN2820FYK driver bundle

Troubleshooting:

The fact that it would eventually stay in the windows diagnostic screen gave me the idea that it might be driver related. Just to be sure I rolled back the driver to the Standard Microsoft adapter and this did prevent the NUC to shutdown and enter into the restart-loop.

I connected a BenQ Monitor to see if I could observe the same behaviour with a different monitor - powering off the monitor via the off button on the monitor would not result in the above scenario. But when I would physically disconnect the monitor from the power socket I ended up with the same behaviour - restart loop.

Solution:

After some digging I found a temporary solution - tape out Pin19 from the HDMI connector. Result:  The NUC detects the TV through the EDID from the DDC but now it does not detect when the TV has been turned on/off.

Question:

Is this a driver related issue that will be fixed?

Best regards.