6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2015 8:23 PM by Patty

Galileo Board not detected by Windows 7 64bit

DEC

Hi,

I have followed the steps in the 'Getting Started Guide' but the board is not detected by my laptop. I have reset/reboot the card several times with no effect.

I intend to install the device manually but I am not sure what kind of device I should use.

Anyways, dose anyone have any recommendations? Should I go directly to Linux?

Thanks,

Dragos

• 1. Re: Galileo Board not detected by Windows 7 64bit
          EJP

Dragos

I have a W7 64 bits and i have not any issue

Please be careful. You have to turn the power ON of the GALILEO, then plug the USB cable into the W7 64Bits

When you remove the USB cable or power OFF the GALILEO, the W7 64bits could have some issue after to reconnect it. In this case, restart the W7 64bits without USB cable connected. then turn power ON of the GALIELEO, then connect cable

And read the doc

Intel® Galileo Board

Getting Started Guide

23 December 2013

where you can find information about driver and how to install it (you can easily find it on INTEL web site)

Eric

• 2. Re: Galileo Board not detected by Windows 7 64bit
            DEC

Hi Eric,

I have read the documentation very carefully. The board was not recognized by 2 computers with Windows 7 64bit. Right now I am in Linux and I cannot see the board either.

So, thank you for suggesting to read the documentation but I am afraid a solution involves more than that.

Both green lights are lit up, and I can confirm the one next to the micro USB connector flashes when I reboot the board.

I have already changed 3 USB cables. Important to note is that this card came with no USB cable !!!

Is there a way to flash the card by not using the USB cable?

Thanks,

Dragos

• 3. Re: Galileo Board not detected by Windows 7 64bit
              EJP

There are 2 ways that i kwon when you cannot connect at all a Galielo

one is to use the serial port and the CapsuleApp.efi (please check the end of the doc)

one is to use the Dediprog flasher(who flashs directly the SPI)

I recommand first the use the SD card and the CapsuleApp.efi

Please read the forum and doc to format correctly the SD card

than put the 2 files needed (from LITTLE LINUX IMAGE ...)

then follow instruction on the doc (same doc : Galileo_GettingStarted_329685_005) at the end of the doc

Eric

• 4. Re: Galileo Board not detected by Windows 7 64bit
                DEC

Hi Eric,

I just received the serial cable and I have 'manually' installed the latest firmware. Things did not change with respect to the USB port. So my Galileo board is nonexistent from the OS point of view. I have also tried to see if the board gets recognized by a 32bit OS (Windows XP) without luck.

I have decided to return the card as it is clear the USB client port is defective. I can confirm that everything else works but the USB client port.

Thanks,

Dragos

• 5. Re: Galileo Board not detected by Windows 7 64bit
                  RBanga

Happened with me as well. In my case  Windows 10 , 8.1 and even 7 are not able to recognize the Intel Gen 1 board. Tried changing cables as well.

• 6. Re: Galileo Board not detected by Windows 7 64bit
                    Patty

I had to make sure I took out the SD Card. Used COM1 (Windows 8.1).