Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Issue with Final Fantasy XIV

FMont6
Beginner

Dear Intel,

I purchased one month ago the intel processor i5 4670K and there was a special promo which gave the game Final Fantasy XIV: realm reborn.

So I've contacted the retailer (nexths.it) for the Mater Key to download the game from:http://softwarepromo.intel.com/ http://softwarepromo.intel.com/

The code worked, I downloaded and installed the game... I created the square enix account and it's all ok.

Few days ago I recieved an e-mail from Square Enix:

"

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

This e-mail has been sent to inform you that your free trial period for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is about to expire.

End Date: 02/20/2014

Service Account Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV

To continue playing once the TRIAL PERIOD expires, please purchase a subscription through the Account Services page in the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

If you did not request this e-mail, please direct all inquiries to the Square Enix Support Centre.

This e-mail has been sent automatically. Any e-mails sent to this address will not be answered."

Wait! Is it a trial version?

I thought was a promotion.

I read your "Terms of Use" and I didn't read anything about a Trial Version of this game.

I wrote to Square Enix about this issue and they replied me:

"We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with the subscription for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Please note that the product specifications as well as the terms of use for the game clearly state, e.g. on the back of the game box, that the game is subscription-based. More information on the game's specifications and the subscription fees can be found on this website:

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/product (under Pricing/Platforms)

As we are only in charge of the game as such, we would not be responsible for any offers or deals you received with the purchase of your Intel i5 CPU. We can therefore only recommend that you contact Intel and notify them that you were not made aware by them that the game was subscription-based.

We hope that this information was useful. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team"

How can I continue to play this game without purchase a subscription? Do I need a product key?

Do you have a solution?

You didn't inform me that this game was a Trial version, and I don't want to lose all my progress in game.

Best regards.

<spa...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry for this issue.

Please check your private messages.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I have verified this offer is for 30 days of free gameplay. See image below.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and misunderstanding.

0 Kudos
FMont6
Beginner

I know Joe, thanks anyway for your support.

Best regards

0 Kudos