1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 7:48 AM by sylvia_intel

DZ68BC  error code E6  ?

Silverfox11407

This morning during a normal initial boot i received an E6 error code displayed on the DZ68BC motherboard.  I do have ATT-Uverse internet service and i noticed on the ATT modem the ethernet led emitter light that normally blinks was not blinking and simply OFF.  Not knowing if this could be the culprit i decided to disconnect all the desktop input peripheal cables and took the rig out for a thorough dust cleaning and re-seating of the video card, ram, and all other power supply and HD connections. Afterwards during the following boot the OS detected the normal detection of either a hardware or software change and i simply selected to perform a normal start-up.  The Att -Uverse modem ethernet led emitter was now blinking normally and  the computer started up just fine and everything appears to be normal with no codes displayed on the DZ68BC other then 00.  

So my question is could the ethernet service being interrupted by ATT been the cause for the E6 error code or just reseating all the boards and internal desktop connections resolved the E6 error code issue ?

What does the E6 error code actually depict on the DZ68BC motherboard since it is not shown in the error code summary list provided by Intel that comes with this DZ68BC MB.

I built this rig below a few years ago and this is the first problem i have encountered thus far. I am still running the original Bios 021 that came with the DZ68BC and know NOT to perform any Bios update past the 028 version or the board will be totally useless. So running the existing 021 bios is not the culprit since it has run fine for 2 yrs.

Pc Specs:

Case: CM Storm Enforcer Midtower USB3.0 --- CPU : i7-2600K Mobo: Intel DZ68BC Extreme Ram : Corsair Vengeance pc1600/ 16gbVideo: EVGA Nvidia GTX 560ti HDD: SSD 120GB Intel 520 series & 1.5 TB WD Caviar Black Pwr.Supply: Rosewill Capstone 650watt Gold Rated 80+CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO

Fans: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 120mm rear exhaust       NZXT Sentry Mesh 5.25 Bay Fan controller

ASUS DRW-24B1ST 24X DVD Burner

LG WH12LS30K 12X Bluray Burner/Player

AFT USB 3.0 Multi-Card reader 5.25 Bay

Monitor :  LG 27EA83R-D  2560 x 1440p

Thanks for any help with exactly what the E6 error code can pertain to.

Regards, Ron