4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2014 7:58 AM by gustafn

[Tutorial] Setting up Arduino IDE for linux images based on eglibc

Tokoro

Hi there,

I've got a solution for using Arduino IDE for eglibc-based linux image (like one mentioned in Sergey's blog). I'd like to share it for everyone those who want to use Arduino IDE.

Suppose you are developing using Linux and you've built a linux image or installed cross-compiler for eglibc-based image. If you don't have the cross-tools, you can download it from the link below (built for linux i686):

http://storage.tokor.org/pub/galileo/tools/

After download, open console, cd to the download directory, then type:

$ ./clanton-full-eglibc-i686-i586-toolchain-1.4.2.sh

You will be asked where to put the tools, for now, leave it blank then [Enter] (default path /opt/clanton-full/1.4.2/).

Step-by-step instructions:

1. Download "Intel Galileo Arduino SW" from intel website. Unpack it.
      2. Open console, cd to your arduino directory.
        For example,
        $ cd ~/dev/galileo/eglibc/arduino-1.5.3
      3. Delete some files from Arduino IDE.
        $ rm -rf hardware/tools/sysroots
        $ rm hardware/tools/environment-setup-i586-poky-linux-uclibc
        $ rm hardware/tools/site-config-i586-poky-linux-uclibc
        $ rm hardware/tools/version-i586-poky-linux-uclibc
      4. Create symlink for cross-tools.
        $ ln -s /opt/clanton-full/1.4.2/sysroots ~/dev/galileo/eglibc/arduino-1.5.3/hardware/tools/sysroots
        $ cp -s /opt/clanton-full/1.4.2/environment-setup-i586-poky-linux /opt/clanton-full/1.4.2/site-config-i586-poky-linux /opt/clanton-full/1.4.2/version-i586-poky-linux ~/dev/galileo/eglibc/arduino-1.5.3/hardware/tools/
      5. Replace text in *.txt and *.sh in hardware directory
        $ sed -i 's/i586-pokysdk/i686-pokysdk/g' hardware/arduino/x86/*.txt hardware/tools/*.sh
        $ sed -i 's/-uclibc//g' hardware/arduino/x86/*.txt hardware/tools/*.sh
        $ sed -i 's/clanton-tiny/clanton-full/g' hardware/arduino/x86/*.txt hardware/tools/*.sh
      6. Comment out some lines in hardware/tools/relocate_sdk.py (be careful with indentation)604935b8af5c5dba6fd50ebbea974f22.png
      7. Now you have done. Launch Arduino IDE and test with blank project.
        Only for the first time compile, warnings like "permission denied" will appear, but just ignore them.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask me.

Thank you.