Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel® Celeron® Processor 900/1000/G1000 Series with Intel® HD Graphics driver XP?

RIzqu
Beginner

Hello, I open this discussion because I'm not able to download the graphics driver for a Celeron G1820 under Windows XP.

I bought one Celeron G1820 and I got surprised when the driver included in the mainboard (MSI H81M E33) didn't work under Widnows XP.

Connected to the Intel Download Center I couldn't download the driver.

In http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics — Supported Operating Systems the G1000 (Ivy Bridge) and Haswell G2000 are market as supported for Windows XP, that's why I bought the G1820.

Accessing Donwload center I arrive to the driver called

"Intel® HD Graphics Drivers for Intel® Pentium® Processors and Intel® Celeron® Processors" Version 2.0 Date 1/30/2014

when you click on it you access a page where is marked the equivalent driver knowing your processor technology...

Haswell Technology sends you to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=3720 Use the driver for 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4200

when you click on it you are directed to a secure WEB downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%c2%ae+Core%e2%84%a2+Processors+with+Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics+4600 (Note that the graphics is 4600), not usable for Windows XP

Accessing manually to the equivalent page for 4200 the result is the same, only Win 7 or Win 8. Both are November 2013

How can be downloaded the driver for Windows XP?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi roizal,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the product but let me help you.

At this point the driers we have available for your graphics controller are Win 7, Win 8 and Win 8.1 only. You can try the Win 7 driver but we do not guarantee the correct functionality when using a different OS.

0 Kudos
RIzqu
Beginner

Ok, Kevin, although they are bad news.

But there is another question, I have checked today in the Download Center and it is still there the

"Intel® HD Graphics Drivers for Intel® Pentium® Processors and Intel® Celeron® Processors"

Version 2.0 Date 1/30/2014

supporting all kinds of Windows. That was my mistake.

Wouldn't be a good idea modifiy the web?

Other people like me may buy a G1820 for using it in a Win XP and find themselves in the same dead end.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am sorry for the inconvenience but I appreciate the feedback. This information will be sent to the corresponding department for future considerations.

0 Kudos