2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2014 1:00 AM by Alan217

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 keeps changing resolution on Windows 8.1

Alan217

Hi, I have just bought a new monitor for my tablet. Because the previous monitor supports only VGA input and the tablet supports only HDMI output, I have an HDMI-to-VGA adapter and I want to use it for the new monitor.

When I connect the tablet to the monitor, from the tablet, I see Windows tries to change the screen resolution and the screen becomes dark. After a few seconds, it becomes normal but then Windows changes the screen resolution back... The problem is that Windows changes the screen resolution back and forth and never seems to stop.

Interestingly, I sometimes see something from the monitor: the screen with very low resolution (1024x768), may have a lot of noise, may be in black-and-green and it always disappears after a very short period of time (one second).

The tablet is Acer ICONIA W700, Windows 8.1 64 bit, with display adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. The monitor is AOC 12757FM.

I am not sure if it is the adapter that is causing the problem, but it works fine with the old monitor. I am also able to connect another machine to the new monitor. I have uninstalled the drives and then used Windows Update to update the drivers but they do not fix the problem.