Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Enable apps/video/games running on external GC instead of Intel build in GC

CSoon
Beginner

I'm just recently build my new pc with Haswell i7 4770K and installed with an external graphic card HD 4850. How do I enforce all my apps/video/games running using my external graphic card instead of intel build in gc? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi CollinS,

Please note that it may be possible to set the configuration you are trying to get but it is necessary to have software that allows this configuration. Besides the software to handle the configuration, is necessary for board to support it.

I recommend you checking in the web for software that allows you to set this configuration.

0 Kudos
CSoon
Beginner

Thanks Kevin for your response. I'm using Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H for my motherboard. I been searching online for quite some time but no luck. Is Intel providing any configuration tools on this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

As soon as you connect the video card in the system, the graphics resources will be taken from the video card and the onboard graphics card will be automatically disabled.

0 Kudos