2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 3:42 PM by AussieDoug

DN2820FYKH BIOS 0025 with OpenElec -- IR broken, how to fix?

AussieDoug

Like the subject says... I have a new DN2820FYKH with BIOS update 0025 installed and the version of OpenELEC in the BIOS notes.

The IR just doesn't work. Running "ir-keytable -c -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY -t" and mashing keys on 10 IR remotes gives nothing.

And the previous workaround (ala here) is broken because device NTN0530 doesn't exist. No NTN device exists.

Hopefully I can track the device down tomorrow and hopefully the fix is the same... Better yet come to my rescue Intel!

(Oh and don't give me the "OpenELEC isn't supported" thing. You have OpenELEC in you Release Notes.)

• 1. Re: DN2820FYKH BIOS 0025 with OpenElec -- IR broken, how to fix?
          Speedster

Did the update disable the IR in the BIOS? My DN2820FYKH runs BIOS 0025 with OpenELEC and the remote still works.

• 2. Re: DN2820FYKH BIOS 0025 with OpenElec -- IR broken, how to fix?
            AussieDoug

No, it didn't. I had thought of that and checked it

One of the good folks on the xbmc.org forums suggested disabling "Wake on LAN", another also suggested disabling "UEFI boot" (i.e., force legacy boot).

I tried setting both those options last night and voila! I have IR signal coming through to the OS! Well, from several remotes anyway. So now I can keymap the remotes I want to use...

Now here's an interesting one. I've tried TEN remotes - one of those is a universal and sends ten remote's worth of signals in itself (so theoretically it's NINETEEN remotes). And exactly one of them causes power-on to trigger (FYI one of the universal remote options).

Anyone have any theories on that one?!?