Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

SuperMicro X9SAE-V mb with i7-3770 CPU - No Video

GKell1
Beginner

I have assembled a pc with the following components:

• Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9S-8GBXL
  • Supermicro X9SAE-V Desktop Motherboard - Intel C216 Chipset - Socket H2 LGA-1155 - Retail Pack
  • Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD5000HHTZ 500GB 10000 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM

I am at the point where I want to power up the PC build so I can adjust the BIOS settings to have a USB memory stick as the 1st boot option. On power up, I hear 3 quick beeps (that is not on the error code list in the motherboard manual) and so it sits with the fans running. It appears the monitor is not getting a signal through the HDMI connection. Yes the monitor works, however, this is the 1st time trying to use it with a HDMI connection.

A review of the X9SAE-V mother board Quick Reference Guide has a footnote indicating the model number of the CPU must end in a 5 and uses Model E3-1205 as an example. Looking at the specifications on the box, I see no mention of a model # anywhere.

Am I correct to assume this CPU has a built in graphics core or is this a symptom of the 'black screen' syndrome? Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. I also have a question on the SuperMicro site outlining my issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry to hear that have had issues with your motherboard model.

Three beep codes is an indication of memory problem. You will need to check memory sticks or check with your board maker for troubleshooting tips.

If the problem remains after testing the memory, please bear in mind memory controller hub is located on the processor itself, as this may get damage, please test your motherboard with another processor.

If you need assistance for your processor model, please contact Intel support at www.intel.com/chat

Allan.

0 Kudos