6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 4:15 PM by Erica

Configure Yocto Eclipse plug-in with "Build system derived toolchain"

rmcarlsson

Hi!

I am cannot make the Eclipse Yocto plugin working properly with the Build system derived toolchain.

Some background; I have a Intel Galileo board. I have built the BSP, image-full. I have a fully operational ssh and serial connection. I have also built the toolschain. bitbake image-full -c populate_sdk. Using this toolchain I have built the most simplest program, uploaded it using scp and successfully executed it on target.

I donnot however understand how to make the Yocto Eclipse plug-in work with the build system derived toolchain. I have build the toolchain with bitbake meta-ide-support. The first thing I would like to have help with, is, what paths to put in "Toolchain Root Location" and Sysroot Location".

Anyone got any ideas?

/ Mikael

to

• 1. Re: Configure Yocto Eclipse plug-in with "Build system derived toolchain"
          AlexT_Intel

I haven't used that Eclipse plugin, but can help with specifically this

The first thing I would like to have help with, is, what paths to put in "Toolchain Root Location" and Sysroot Location"

According to what the toolchain environment config script sets (it's installed as /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.2/environment-setup-i586-poky-linux-uclibc by default)

toolchain root location would probably be (depending on what they mean by that) /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.2

and sysroot location would be /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.2/sysroots/i586-poky-linux-uclibc

Not 100% sure about the first one, but if you get errors, depending on the messages you get, you should probably be able to derive which exact subdir of /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.2 they mean by "toolchain root". Feel free to post the errors here if you get stuck.

• 2. Re: Configure Yocto Eclipse plug-in with "Build system derived toolchain"
            rmcarlsson

Hi!

Thanks for your response!

I tried the setting you suggested but I still get the same problem. Also, I used the default settings so my paths matches yours.

Error message:

Specified toolchain directory does not contain a toolchain generated with "bitbake meta-ide-support".

One more thing about this suggestion. The path you provide is not generated when I invoke the bitbake meta-ide-support. The paths area created when I do the bitbake image-full -c populate_sdk. Maybe I am just confused by the Yocto documentation and I have misunderstod the "meta-ide-support"-target.

/ Mikael

• 3. Re: Configure Yocto Eclipse plug-in with "Build system derived toolchain"
              AlexT_Intel

Okay, I missed the meta-ide-support part of your message, sorry. Well, theoretically that target should generate the necessary stuff. What files/folders do you get after running that?

• 4. Re: Configure Yocto Eclipse plug-in with "Build system derived toolchain"
                rmcarlsson

Hi!

I get a lot. I do not know what to post. Is the below enough?

mikael@lx:~/bsp_075_ide/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/tmp$ ll
                total 76
                drwxrwxr-x 12 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 23:36 ./
                drwxrwxr-x  7 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 22:50 ../
                -rw-rw-r--  1 mikael mikael     1 feb  8 22:46 abi_version
                drwxrwxr-x  4 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 22:50 buildstats/
                drwxrwxr-x  3 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 22:46 cache/
                drwxr-xr-x  4 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 23:36 deploy/
                -rw-rw-r--  1 mikael mikael  3706 feb  8 23:36 environment-setup-i586-poky-linux-uclibc
                drwxrwxr-x  3 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 22:46 log/
                drwxrwxr-x  4 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 23:35 pkgdata/
                -rw-rw-r--  1 mikael mikael    60 feb  8 22:46 saved_tmpdir
                drwxr-xr-x  2 mikael mikael 20480 feb  8 23:36 sstate-control/
                drwxrwxr-x  6 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 22:51 stamps/
                drwxr-xr-x  5 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 23:36 sysroots/
                drwxrwxr-x  5 mikael mikael  4096 feb  8 23:29 work/

mikael@lx:~/bsp_075_ide/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/tmp/deploy$ ll
                total 16
                drwxr-xr-x  4 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 ./
                drwxrwxr-x 12 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 ../
                drwxr-xr-x  4 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 ipk/
                drwxrwxr-x 83 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 licenses/

mikael@lx:~/bsp_075_ide/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/tmp/deploy/ipk$ ll
                total 16
                drwxr-xr-x 4 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 ./
                drwxr-xr-x 4 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 ../
                drwxr-xr-x 2 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 clanton/
                drwxr-xr-x 2 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 i586/
                mikael@lx:~/bsp_075_ide/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/tmp/deploy/ipk$ cd clanton/
                mikael@lx:~/bsp_075_ide/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/tmp/deploy/ipk/clanton$ ll
                total 20
                drwxr-xr-x 2 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 ./
                drwxr-xr-x 4 mikael mikael 4096 feb  8 23:36 ../
                -rw-r--r-- 2 mikael mikael  792 feb  8 23:36 opkg-config-base_1.0-r1_clanton.ipk
                -rw-r--r-- 2 mikael mikael  710 feb  8 23:36 opkg-config-base-dbg_1.0-r1_clanton.ipk
                -rw-r--r-- 2 mikael mikael  724 feb  8 23:36 opkg-config-base-dev_1.0-r1_clanton.ipk
                mikael@lx:~/bsp_075_ide/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/tmp/deploy/ipk/clanton$

/ MIkael

• 5. Re: Configure Yocto Eclipse plug-in with "Build system derived toolchain"
                  AlexT_Intel

The directory structure is typical, I'd expect the files to be somewhere under "deploy", but looks like there's nothing in there.

Maybe the target is not fully implemented in the BSP... At this point I'm out of theoretical ideas and would need to try it out myself. I'll post back here if I get time to do that.

• 6. Re: Configure Yocto Eclipse plug-in with "Build system derived toolchain"
                    Erica

I got the same message and realized under Preferences>Yocto Project ADT>Cross Compiler Options, I was supposed to check off "Standalone pre-built toolchain" (not "Build system derived toolchain"). Please see screenshot:

yocto-adt.png