4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2009 5:11 PM by mikestew

DX58So and ie& 920 problem

mikestew

I have a new DX58SO mobo and a new ie7 920. When I turn the system on nothing happens but I do notice that there are 2 red led's that are lit up. I had this problem before and had the cpu replaced and the mobo replaced. Can anyone tell me what is going on and why I cannot get even a beek out of the system?

Mike

• 1. Re: DX58So and ie& 920 problem
          unplugged_24

Hi there,

In addition to the standby power indicator, the board contains two LEDs that indicate the following:
          - The Processor LED indicates an elevated temperature on the processor that could effect performance (RED)

- The Voltage Regulator LED indicates an elevated temperature in the processor voltage regulator circuit that could effect performance (RED)

I would recommend you to check the power supply and make sure it is working fine, else it could damage the board or the processor if there are fluctuations. Also, you may check that the memory that you are using is1.6V and not more.

Hope this will be helpful.

Cheers.

• 2. Re: DX58So and ie& 920 problem
            mikestew

This is the 2nd mobo and 2nd i7 920 that this has happened to. I exchanged both for the current mobo and cpu. The p/s is a 500 watt and appears to be functioning correctly. All the fans seem to be working. I do notice that I am not getting any video.The memory is DDR3 1333 Corsair the version that Intel suggested. I did remove the memory but still no beeps. Any other ideas?

Mike

• 3. Re: DX58So and ie& 920 problem
              unplugged_24

Hi there,

Okay, it does seem strange though.

However, can you check the revision of the board - should be something ending with either -501 or 502. Also check if the have the D0 Stepping of the i7-920 processor, by checking if the SL number is SLBEJ. If this is the case, then there is a great probability that it will not work as they are not compatible yet, unless you update the bios with a C0 stepping of the processor.

Link: http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?ProcNbr=i7-920

If this is the case, then it has already been discussed in some previous posts: http://communities.intel.com/message/23221#23221

This is the only way this combination of cpu and motherboard may not always boot or give any video or beeps. Another simple test would be to test the motherboard out-of the pc case just to make sure there are not short-circuit.

That's all I can suggest so far. Hope this is helpful.

Cheers.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: DX58So and ie& 920 problem
                mikestew

Here is the mobo rev. It is 503 and the cpu is SLBCH. I also noticed that the onboard power switch does not do anything. I am beginning to suspect that this board is defective. What say you?

Mike