Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

i7-2600 weird behaviour

AGele
Beginner

System configuration:

CPU Brand : Intel Model : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU Speed : 3.4 Ghz (CPUID 000206A7h)

Main Board Model: Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3(rev. 2.0)

VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : GeForce GT 630

Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP : 1

Memory Brand : Transend Type : DDR3 (1333 MHz)

Memory Size : 2×2 Speed : 1333MHz

Power Supply : FSP 450 W

Hi. I've got a problem with my PC. The problem came up from the very beginning after I bought the PC. The problem is: the PC just regularly and spontaneously gets hung up. This happens at least once or twice a day. I've tried to change almost all devices: video adapter, RAM, power supply unit - but the problem still exists! I've tried different OSs (Win 7, Win 8, Serv 2012, Windows Multipoint Server 2011 with the newest updates) - but the same problem is on every OS! Is the MB and CPU compatible at all? Because I have 2 computers of the same configuration and both have problem like that! What can I do to get rid of the problem?

P.S. More or less stable the PC works when I lower the frequency of the CPU in BIOS (3.0 instead of 3.4 GHz.), but it still gets frozen regulalry - several times a day! The CPU is cold (not hotter than 60 Celsius degree). This situation is not acceptable for me. Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi CacheLot,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you with that.

Based on your description, there are some steps I want you to try as part of the troubleshooting steps:

1. The compatibility between the board and the processor will be provided by the board manufacture so I recommend you contacting Gigabyte directly so that they can provide the information.
  2. Please test a different power supply if possible.
  3. Another good step is to test a different memory (model and brand).
  4. Test the system without the video card in the system.

If you are still having problems with the system, you can run the processor diagnostic tool to diagnose the internal components of the processor. Here is the link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19792&keyword=Processor+diagnostic&lang=eng https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19792&keyword=Processor+diagnostic&lang=eng

If the result is good, my recommendation is to contact the computer manufacture for a future replacement if necessary.

0 Kudos