Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

No 120hz refresh rate available for 120hz display SOLVED

JJuva
Beginner

Hi!

I'm having trouble getting 120hz for my monitor. I have Intel 4900mq processor with hd4600 grapchis. Monitor is eizo FG2421.

Problem: In the graphics settings, I only get 50, 60 and 100hz for refresh rate, but no 120hz. The option for unsupported rates is also greyed out.

I have the newest driver, 3345 for windows 8.1 64bit.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jani,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you.

There is some information I would like to check from your system so in order for me to do that, can you please post the dxdiag report here?

How to get it?

Type "dxdiag" in the start menu> Open it> Save> Copy/Paste here.

0 Kudos
JJuva
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the reply, help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
JJuva
Beginner
0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jani,

Thank you for the information. I will check on that and start the investigation to confirm what can be causing the problem.

I will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Jani

How are you connecting the Eizo display to your system?

0 Kudos
JJuva
Beginner

Thank you Kevin!

Robert, it's connected through displayport. I have tried 2 different cables. Resolution is 1920x1080p

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Jani

What is the brand and model of your system? Also, are you using the "generic" graphics drivers from Intel Download Center or the OEM drivers provided by the OEM for your system?

0 Kudos
JJuva
Beginner

Hi, I Got clevo p150sm with gtx780m and 4900mq . I now have newest drivers from intel download center, as I tried if there is any difference with the ones from Clevos site. It seems that they are the same ( 3345).

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

What about the Nvidia drivers? Also, is there a way on the Clevo

p150sm to run dedicated Intel HD graphics or Nvidia Graphics to isolate the issue?
0 Kudos
JJuva
Beginner

I have the newest from nvidia. I have tried beta- drivers and newest from clevo. Theres no difference. Unfortunately I don't think that the issue is with Nvidia, as all signals go through integrated Gpu. I can't change the resolutions from nvidia, only from windows or intel.

0 Kudos
JJuva
Beginner

Unfortunately I still haven't found a solution for this problem. Whre could I download the oldest( First) driver for the HD4600 ? I could try that just to be sure.

0 Kudos
JJuva
Beginner

I was able to resolve the matter with the unofficial Intel driver 10.18.10.3412

So the problem indeed was with the driver not recognizing the resolution. Hopefully this will help to resolve the issue to future drivers.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Jani

Thanks for the update. We will be updating the driver on Intel Download Center in the near future.

0 Kudos