9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 4:15 PM by Unibusch

DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down

mlauss

Hello,

since BIOS 0021 my DB85FL doesn't stay off when the OS is shut down.  It switches off, stays off for

roughly 2-3 seconds and poweres on again.   WOL is disabled, as are all other features, boot es pure EFI (no legacy).

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down
          AlanScott1

Is it fully shutdown, or do you have windows configured to sleep/hibernate when choosing to shut down?

If it is just going to sleep/hibernate, there are a lot of things which can "wake" the system.  Open a command prompt and try the command "powercfg lastwake" to see what device last woke the system.

If it is fully shutdown, then I have no idea what could turn it on except WOL, which you've already disabled.

• 2. Re: DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down
            mlauss

Yes it's a full shutdown, no sleep.  As I mentioned, the BIOS version the board came with (0019) didn't have this problem, but all versions since then.  I made this thread so that maybe one Intel engineer can take a look, it's rather annoying.

• 3. Re: DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down
              kevin_intel

Hi mlauss,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you.

There are some steps I would like you to do for troubleshooting steps based on all the information you have provided:

1. Make sure you have all drivers updated in your system.

2. Update the BIOS to the latest. I recommend you installing the bios updates in order from the oldest to the latest version. Here you have the link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=DB85FL

3. Reset the default settings in the BIOS.

If you are having problems after updating all drivers, please post your dxdiag report here.

• 4. Re: DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down
                mlauss

Hello Kevin,

1) all up to date,

2) 0123 is already installed.

the board did power off and stay off with 0019. Unfortunately, I can't downgrade any more since 0021

3) did that, didn't help

System String is:  DB85FL, BIOS FLB8510H.86A.0123.2013.1213.1449 12/13/2013

CPU is:  Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz

• 5. Re: DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down
                  kevin_intel

Hi mlauss,

Thanks for the information but Can you please post your dxdiag report here?

How to get it?

Type “dxdiag” in the start menu> Open it> Save> Copy/paste

I also want to confirm with you what do you mean the system does not power down. Do you mean you shut it down and it restarts?

Have you tested a different power supply in your system?

• 6. Re: DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down
                    mlauss

Again: Since BIOS 0021 the board shuts down completely (i.e. powers off), stays that way for 3 seconds,

and powers on again for a normal bootup of the os.

On BIOS 0019 (which it came with), it shut off correctly and stayed that way until I pushed the power button again.

Power supply is fine; it works on 2 other boards I have.

What information do you need from dxdiag?  I don't use windows.

• 7. Re: DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down
                      kevin_intel

Hi mlauss,

We have not received reports from other customers related to this problem.

I recommend you testing the system with a supported operating system (windows version).

I also recommend you disabling as per troubleshooting purposes the Wake on LAN option at the BIOS level. In the case the issue persist, please contact your local support for a possible replacement.

• 8. Re: DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down
                        mlauss

*sigh*  This is the reason I avoid mentioning that I don't windows. Because the problem description is completely ignored and the "unsupported OS" becomes the sole focus. Fine.

• 9. Re: DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down
                          Unibusch

I Had the same problem after updating from BIOS 0019 to 0124. I hit F2 while booting and got into the Bios. I enabled the Fastboot option. Problem solved and Windows 7 boots to the sign-on page in 25 seconds. If I need to get into the bios again, I must hold in the power button until 3 beeps are heard.