3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 1:48 PM by sylvia_intel

What does 3-year advanced warranty replacement mean?

Dailen

Okay I've been reviewing the products Intel® NUC Kit D54250WYKH and Intel® NUC Kit D34010WYKH and they both say "3-year advanced warranty replacement".

I've heard of advance replacement warranties, but this sentence seems confusing to me. What does advanced warranty replacement mean?

• 1. Re: What does 3-year advanced warranty replacement mean?
          sylvia_intel

Dailen, the warranty period for retail Intel products are 3 years from the date of purchase.

We have two replacement methods, Standard Warranty Replacement and Advance Warranty Replacement (Cross Shipp)

Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR): this option requires sending the faulty product to our facilities first under the customer’s expenses. Once the part is received it might take from 3 to 5 business days for the screening process and paperwork, then it takes two more days for shipping. At the end it could be a 6 to 7 business days turnaround from the moment the bad unit is received.

Cross Shipping: This is a replacement method that allows you receiving the new product in advance including the packaging material and a pre-paid return label. The part usually is sent via “overnight shipping” and most likely you get it the next day after the order is placed. The service requires covering a $25 fee for shipping and handling and an extra charge equal to the price of the product in question. This extra charge is just for security and will be refunded back to you once the bad part is received

If you need to replace any product, please get in touch with our Warranty Department so they can help you: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

• 2. Re: What does 3-year advanced warranty replacement mean?
            Dailen

Since Intel doesn't sell these directly so I assume if I purchase one of those off, for instance, Amazon but I have problems with it, then I would just call Intel? If so, are there any limitations on what would be supported?

• 3. Re: What does 3-year advanced warranty replacement mean?
              sylvia_intel

That is correct!! If you need to replace it, you can contact our Warranty Department so they can help you: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport    

The product has a 3 year warranty from the date of purchase, so please keep the proof of purchase.

Something very important is that physical damage is not covered under warranty.