Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Surface Pro 2 - Win 8.1 GFX driver issues

DMcCa3
Beginner

Sorry I realise there are lots of these posts about and I am not lying when I say I have read lots of posts here, on the Microsoft support, but nothing has helped.

I am running a MS Surface Pro 2 (128GB with 4GB RAM) and have been for about a week.

I like to play a game a call Supreme Commander Forged Alliance Forever, a pretty old game but I like it.

I ran this on my Windows 8 Asus Vivobook laptop without an issue (other than running a little slow), until I updated to Windows 8.1. Then I started getting the BSOD with the above error.

I then got my new Surface Pro 2 and found this had the same issue.

I realise the issue is down to Intel Gaphics drivers, but nothing I have read or followed has helped me resolve my crashing and I dont know what to do.

Here's what I have done so far:

1 - Tried with Surface Pro recommended drivers

2 - Uninstalled the GFX driver and installed the latest Intel Drivers by manually locating the inf file and installing that.

3 - Repeating step 2 in safe mode

4 - Chanting and praying.

Now I should point out that Step 2 does actually stop the BSOD from happening, but instead when I am playing FAF I get about 30 - 40 mins in to a game and it crashes to desktop with an Unhandled Exception. http://www.faforever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6480&p=63872&hilit=INTEL+HD# p63872 I posted about this on the FAF forums and all seems to point to a driver problem.

Now I came across this forum whilst searching this error and some people seem to have had success in resolving it and I am hoping I may be one of the lucky few.

Let me know what info you need and I will get it to you ASAP.

Thanks in advance for any help you may give.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi TechMonkey,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the HDMI audio in your system but let me help you.

Checking the information about your system it seems this unit is a Tablet. From our side, I am afraid to say that the drivers we have available are for desktop or laptop solutions only.

My best recommendation is to contact the game developer and confirm with them if the game is compatible with the OS you are using or contact MS directly for them to provide the driver for your tablet.

0 Kudos