Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Windows 8.1, HD 4600, Audio not showing full HD Capabilities

AMrr
Beginner

I have an Asrock Z87 Extreme6 running a 4670K and Windows 8.1 Pro.

My AV receiver is an Onkyo TX-NR626 and is DTS-HD capable, connected via HDMI. However Windows only shows DD, DTS and DD+.

I have the latest intel graphics and sound driver from the Intel website (10.18.10.3379 / 6.16.0000.3129 ) as detailed in the attached dxdiag.

The daisy chained monitor connected to the Onkyo is turned off to avoid confusion, and the 2nd monitor has its sound separated and disabled.

Moninfo shows the realtime EDID from the Onkyo to contain its accurate status of managing the formats:

Any help regarding why this is occurring would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi AntMrr,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the HDMI audio in your system.

Please note that we have identified a problem with the HDMI audio and we are working to have a solution for it as soon as possible. You can check more information at the following link:

/message/218663# 218663 https://communities.intel.com/message/218663# 218663

If you are using already the latest graphics driver from our side, my recommendation is to try the latest bios update from the board manufacture.

0 Kudos
AMrr
Beginner

Hi,

I did check that thread before posting. The 3 cases described don't match my issue. Hence tge new question. If you believe my issue is related to the wider problem then thats fine.

I have version 2.3 of the motherboard bios, whic I believe to be the latest.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the information. Have you tried the OEM drivers for your system?

0 Kudos