3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2011 7:42 AM by

D945GCLF2 Questions...

alank2

Hi,

I received this little Atom 330 board yesterday and I have a couple questions:

#1 - Why does the BIOS setup seem so slow?  You can see it redrawing the screen between keystrokes.  It has been a long time since I've seen something like this.  I booted a dos level text mode test utility I use and it wasn't slow like this...

#2 - I don't see a way to enable the traditional text mode bootup where you can see the processor, memory count, drives, etc.  Is this an option?

#3 - I read someone say you couldn't customize the boot logo, is this true?

#4 - I haven't seen this style of boot screen before with the 2 digit bios code in the lower right corner.  Is this an Atom thing or are other newer Intel Desktop Boards doing it as well?

Thanks,

Alan

• 1. Re: D945GCLF2 Questions...
          jxaviers

#1  - Why does the BIOS setup seem so slow?  You can see it redrawing the  screen between keystrokes.  It has been a long time since I've seen  something like this.  I booted a dos level text mode test utility I use  and it wasn't slow like this...   ANSWER: Its a crappy board, thats why, I have the same board and same problem.

#2 - I don't see a way to enable the  traditional text mode bootup where you can see the processor, memory  count, drives, etc.  Is this an option?

ANSWER: NOPE....its a crappy board....somebody's cutting corners in manufacturing.

#3 - I read someone say you couldn't  customize the boot logo, is this true?  ANSWER: U can add intel's Custom BOOT screen OR use that stupid blank screen it comes with ....LOL.

#4 - I haven't seen this style of  boot screen before with the 2 digit bios code in the lower right  corner.  Is this an Atom thing or are other newer Intel Desktop Boards  doing it as well?  ANSWER: Some mobos feature this POST error code display on their mobos during boot, IBM used to do it. DELL does it on the back of their desktop PCs, not onscreen. And No its not the ATOM doing it, its the crappy board...LOL

Hope this helps !

• 2. Re: D945GCLF2 Questions...
            Joelr

* Ive been using this board as a home server for a while, and it honestly sucks!

* Im considering moving back to my PIII which worked awesome for all these years

* I have the board updated to the latest bios available and its the same.

* It takes ages to finish POST, POST to grub/windows boot is waaaay tooo long!

* The board gets stuck often at the 5A postcode

* USB devices arent detected right unless the Fixed disks option is set

* Intel if you do read these pages, we'd like to have a bios upgrade for this board please!

• 3. Re: D945GCLF2 Questions SVIDEO OUt

i am using windows xp i connected my tv to desktop board TV out But not display any result how to view my desktop in tv please help me

Tharindu Shashi Hewapathirana

Srilanka