Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Copmuter BSODs eveytime I try to install driver version 15.33.8.64.3345

RThun1
Beginner

I have tried several times to install this driver. I have an ASROCK Z77 Extreme6 MoBo, an Intel Core i7-3770k Processor, Intel 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Intel HD Graphics 4000. My current driver version is 9.17.10.2932

Every time I attempt to install the latest driver, 15.33.8.64.3345, near the end of the process my screens black out. my primary display (I have two) comes back on alone. then after a bit I get the windows 8.1 blue screen of death saying the the computer has to restart and it is collecting information. The computer then enters a loop booting into a bsod until I restore it to the point before the driver update.

I do not have any other graphics cards, I do not play any graphically intense games. For now I have hidden the update in windows updater. (I have tried downloading it from the intel support page, same result). I can't figure out why I can't install this driver, and I was hoping someone here could help. I apologize if this is a duplicate of another question, but I have searched and I can't find someone with the same circumstances.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi RickyT,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you with this.

At this point we have not received information from customers reporting this issue. Therefore there are some steps I want you to try based on the information you have provided:

1. Update the bios in your system to the latest one provided by the computer manufacture.
  2. It is also important to update the Management Engine provided by your computer manufacture.
  3. Uninstall the current driver from device manager and download the latest at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405

In the case you have any PCI card connected make sure it is disconnected before starting this process.

0 Kudos