1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 9:38 AM by allan_intel

iaStorV.sys remove ?

Claxton

Hi people, I am looking for a way to remove or disable iaStorV.sys. The reason is that it is causing a lot of disturbance in real time time audio capabilities, latency/drop out etc. I came to this conclusion using latency monitor, which shows iaStorV.sys a the driver creating most ISR and DPC activity along with some usb drivers that I cant seem to improve either.. I cant explain what ISR and DPC means, but I understand that it is taking priority over for example an audio application.

As far as I can gather from reading about iaStorV.sys, it relates to use of RAID. I am using AHCI. I dont know what that is either, but I guess it has to do with accessing/managing disks/memory. I have windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 32 bit, RAID is not an option in BIOS, only IDE and AHCI.

Can I somehow stop all this activity by iaStorV.sys ? Thanks

More about my system as I dont know what could be relevant for my question

Its set up for the best handling of audio possible, so no networking, security software and generally a lot of services disabled. I already improved audio capabilities a lot that way, but dont know what to do about iaStorV.sys

Synergy DJ-X5 laptop i5 2410M, 2.3 GHz, 4 GB (2.92 Usable) RAM

nvidia geforce GT520M cuda 1gb (nvidia optimus technology...?)

In device manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers there is just one entry: Intel (R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller

In device manager under storage controllers there is just ne entry: an ISO mounter (native instruments)

Under System32/drivers i find iaStorV.sys and iaStor.sys

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• 1. Re: iaStorV.sys remove ?
          allan_intel

I am sorry to hear that you have had issues with iastor driver for Intel Rapid Storage.

The iastor driver manages RAID or AHCI mode. If you did not install any rapid storage software, there is no way to uninstall the driver since this is part of the operating system. Even if you uninstall Intel rapid storage software, the driver keeps working in the background.

Allan.