5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2009 3:22 AM by amiraljaberi

which laptop processor is better?

amiraljaberi

hi
      i m wondering about which laptop is the best performance, graphics and speed ?

1.lenovo
      Processor       Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6500 (2.1GHz) CACHE 2MB
      Operating System      Windows XP Professional (Vista Business Recovery Media)
      Display      15.4" W (1280 x 800 )WXGA Glossy w/ VibrantView
      Memory      3 GB DDR2 667 MHz
      Hard Disk      250 GB 2.5" SATA HDD (5400 rpm)
      Optical Drive      DVD Multi Burner
      Graphics      Intel GMA X4500 Integrated Graphics

2. HP
      processor core 2 duo  T8300 (2.4GHz) CACHE 3MB
      RAM 3GB ddr2 800
      HDD 160GB
      GRAPHICS INTEL GMA X3100
      WINDOWS VISTA BASIC
      Display      15.4" W (1280 x 800 )
      Optical Drive      DVD Multi Burner

THX

• 1. Re: which laptop processor is better?
          amiraljaberi

plz any idea ?

• 2. Re: which laptop processor is better?
            Javed Lodhi

Hi Amir,

From the look of it, HP appears to be better in terms of performance though it comes with lesser storage on HDD which shouldn't be a problem for you keeping in mind the drastic price drop on external storage.

However HP comes with GMA X3100 while Lenovo has X4500 where X4500 is designed to be 200% faster than the GMA 3100 in 3DMark06 performance and supports DirectX 10 and Shader model 4.0 features and yes, both X4500 and X3100 would give you the same resolution i.e. 1280 x 800. But on the whole, if you ask me in terms of processing, I'd go with the latter option since HP comes with a better and faster processor.

In the end it's your prerogative, I wish you the best of luck with your choice

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 3. Re: which laptop processor is better?
              amiraljaberi

thx for ur reply.

i thought lenovo is better becuz has a better graphics. However, I m not a gamer but I like watching movies, so does better graphis play a role in playing movies ?

thx

• 4. Re: which laptop processor is better?
                Javed Lodhi

Hi Amir,

As the post subject indicated, I advised you on the processor and additionally on the overall laptop performance.

Moreover, if you are not a gamer and would like to watch movies, X3100 would serve the purpose

Better graphics, better movies? Yes, definitely BUT then there are various factors included. For instance, if you have better GPU (Graphic Processing Unit / Graphic Card) but the movie you are watching is encoded on low scale, the result won't be that good and the vice-versa. However if you are looking for an awesome result, external GPU enabled laptops/PCs are advised that comes with nVidia or ATI GPUs on them, allowing you to view movies on a better resolution and quality and also enabling you to play better games.

For now, regarding the matter at hand, X4500 won't let you feel much difference as compared to X3100 in terms of watching movies, a slight difference and that is why I'd still recommend HP lest there is a huge price difference.

Best of luck!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 5. Re: which laptop processor is better?
                  amiraljaberi

both are the same price

thank u so much for ur help