cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 SSD S.M.A.R.T issue

MRahn
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have strange issue with my brand new 2.5" Intel 530 SSD 120GB. Every time I start it, in SMART Self-test log appears new test with status:

"Offline - Interrupted (host reset) - Remaining 10%".

If I run the test manually it completes with no errors. And that's really every time. Also SMART info says:

General SMART Values:

Offline data collection status: (0x05) Offline data collection activitwas aborted by an interrupting command from host.

Auto Offline Data Collection: Disabled.

I updated the SSD firmware to latest DC32. Device Model is: INTEL SSDSC2BW120A4. Also tested on different machines and still not found a solution.

Does somebody else has this problem and is there any fix for it?

22 REPLIES 22

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello vGuides, I am sorry for your issue.

Have you tried running the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18455 Intel® SSD Toolbox instead?

MRahn
New Contributor II

Hi joe_intel,

yes I tried running SSD Toolbox but there was no info for SMART Tests, only for SMART Attributes. It's a very strange behavior according to me. Hope somebody can help.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

And what happens if you run the Quick/Full Diagnostic Scan?

MRahn
New Contributor II

Short test was successfully completed withour errors. I haven.t tries the extended test already. A friend of mine also reported absolutely the same behavior with the same model SSD. That's stange. Any ideas?