8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2010 4:56 PM by

DX58SO Audio not showing up

spartikus84

I just got a sx58so and a core i7 920 and built the system, but am running into a problem with the onboard audio.  I cannot get it to work for the life of me, i have downloaded all of the available drivers as well as updated the bios but still nothing shows up in the device manager nor does any of the drivers install.  Can someone help with any ideas.

• 1. Re: DX58SO Audio not showing up
          Javed Lodhi

Hi,

Which OS are you using, I ask just to ensure that the OS is not giving you any problems.

Moreover, did you look at the possible fixes on the following URL? If not, kindly look into this and try the possible scenarios however in case the problem still exists, let us know and we'll be glad to help you fix this.

DX58SO - Troubleshooting audio issues

Thank you!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 2. Re: DX58SO Audio not showing up
            spartikus84

i have tried the trouble shooting in the link.  I installed vista 64 then reinstalled as per troubleshooting instructions with audio disabled in the bios then followed the instructions to install the driver.  I have just installed windows 7 64 and it's the same thing.  The audio shows up in the bios but does not appear at all in the device manager like the os cannot see the onboard audio at all.

• 4. Re: DX58SO Audio not showing up
              Javed Lodhi

Hi,

This is very strange to know that the OS would not show Audio option even after the change of OS from Vista to Windows 7. This apparently seem to be a issue with either of your OS configurations because apparently there is no evidence at hand that I can use to comprehend any possibility of your audio hardware malfunctioning here or remote chances of both the OS missing out on any files.

• I would suggest that you boot your computer with one of the live CDs of any distribution of Linux, preferably Ubuntu so that we get a clear picture that the hardware is not malfunctioning.
              • Also you need to ensure that you are loading the appropriate audio driver though it's not usually required in case of Vista or Windows 7 however in some cases where an external audio card is used, it may be required to explicitly load the audio driver.

I am posting the audio driver location for you for both the OSes, just in case you might want to give it a shot, download these and try installing them.

RealTek Audio Driver (Windows 7 64-Bit Beta)

RealTek ALC Audio Driver (Windows Vista 64-Bit)

Hope the above works for you. Feel free to contact us should you have any further queries.

Thank you, have a great day!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 5. Re: DX58SO Audio not showing up
                dwbrownz

Hi,

Have you installed the Chipset Inf drivers and VGA Drivers first ?

I saw a similar problem with DQ45EK under Vista, and it was because the !! VGA !! driver installed part of the HD Audio Bus Enumerator that the Realtek HD Audio driver installed with and bound to. Weird but true ! We were installing Chipset, Audio, VGA, Network Driver in that order, changing to VGA before Audio fixed the issue.

• 6. Re: DX58SO Audio not showing up
                  arthurvino

I have exact same issue.

Audio is enabled in Bios, have the latest bios (07//2009)

Windows 7 RTM 64 bit - no audio devices in control panel. Tried evertything.. Uninstalled video drivers, rebooted, disabled audio, re-enabled audio - Realtec still doesnt show up in Control panel.

Any ideas? Do I have a defective audio on MotherBoard? Anything else I can try?

• 7. Re: DX58SO Audio not showing up
                    gregg

+1

I even moved the drive to one of my other machines and audio works;

have done clean installs of Windows 7 x64; even gave Vista HP x64.

No audio. And I've triple checked everything; chipset drivers etc

I've installed Vista and 7 on other machines without this, just not on this board.

One is an Intel server board and the other is Gigabyte X58 and audio is fine.

• 8. Re: DX58SO Audio not showing up

+1

Same problem same MOB , and i tried every thing and no luck !