Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14537 Discussions

Core 2 quad q 6600

psori1
Beginner

Hola, tengo un procesador viejo core 2 quad q 6600, resulta que se me rompio la motherboard y quiero preguntar si puedo comprarle una placa que soporte ddr3. Me dicen que como es un prcesador viejo, ya no hay motherboards compatibles en el mercado, que ahora son todas ddr3 y que debo cambiar el procesador. No quiero cambiarlo aun, trabajo con 3dmax y los 4 nucleos que trae este procesador son de muchisima utilidad. Necesito saber que tengo que tener en cuenta de la nueva mother? el chipset? hay en el mercado actual motherboards nuevas que soporten ese procesador? Y por ultimo, la motherboard que compre, puede soportar una placa nvidia 640gt 2.0¿

Muchas gracias, necesito respuesta porque estoy perdiendo dias de trabajo.

Saludos

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ppauliss,

Let me help you with your query.

It is important to mention that the support is provided in English only. The processor in mention, It is an old product Socket LGA775. The boards in the market with the socket are marked as End Of Interactive Support or discontinued.

I am afraid to say that a motherboard with the socket type LGA775 is really hard to get and the processor in mention is compatible with that socket type only meaning that if you are lucky you can get a board with this specification.

In regards the video card and the board you may get the compatibility between the card and the board depends on the computer manufacture since they sometimes set limitations on the units.

0 Kudos