Create USB Bootable Memory Stick using the Tool BootFlashDos.
Then Download the previous firmware package Bios Version 0070
Follow these instructions below:
1) Extract contents to USB Flash Drive
2) Verify that the R0070.CAP, UPDATE.BAT and IFLASH32.EXE files are present
on the USB Flash drive
3) Verify that BIOS Bank Select Jumper is set to Normal mode (2-3).
4) Power system on and boot to USB Flash Drive from Boot Manager
5) At the command prompt type "update".
6) Flash update should complete within 3 minutes
7) Shut down the system but leave it connected to AC power
8) Clear CMOS by moving the Clear CMOS jumper to the clear position and back.
9) Boot system and enter BIOS Setup by pressing the F2 Key during POST
10) Verify BIOS string
11) Press F9 to load defaults
12) Press F10 to save and reset the system.
13) Power system on and boot to USB Flash Drive
14) At the command prompt type "update".
15) Flash update should complete within 3 minutes
16) Reboot system and enter BIOS Setup by pressing the F2 Key during POST
17) Verify BIOS string
If this is successful, then update to the latest package Bios Version 0096, run batch file bios96.bat
If it does not work, use another USB key, test if the usb is bootable on another server board if possible.
All the best,
I have a question about the bios version. Can you update the bios from the first to the latest version? Or you have to make the step-by-step?
It depends on how old your BIOS/Firmware version is. If your BIOS version is older than 66, update to 66 first, then you'll need to apply a standalone FRUSDR (see http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-023585.htm for details), then you can update to the latest version.