Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Issue with 920 C0 RMA

idata
Employee

I have a 920 that went bad and sent it in for RMA. It was received on 26 Jun as per my FEDEX tracking at the Louisville facility. I was told by the person that took my RMA request that it will take no more than week to receive the replacement CPU. I've spoken with a couple of Intel Tech Support folks trying to get an update since I have yet to receive a UPS tracker for the replacement and both times I have to give them the tracking number verifying the receipt of the RMA item! Is there something here that I am missing because the status from Intel's side says "processed" but yet they cannot track down the bad CPU. Do we have any support folks on here that can shine some light on this? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
John_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Johnathan,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with our warranty process. What is your Intel Customer Support case number and/or warranty number? I'd be willing to look into your situation. I can't promise anything, but maybe I can find some better information on the status of your order.

Regards,

John S.

Intel Customer Support

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for replying and looking into this. Here is the info:

Order # : 1002033039

Case # : 9174047

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Your replacement should ship today. You might call or email the contact center to confirm.

John S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry for the late reply but yeah I got the CPU two days ago. Thanks again for looking into this and helping me out at the same time.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Another issue.....I just received this email from Intel: Date: 2009-07-25

"Hello,

We have not received your returned product from this order: Case Number: 9174047 Order Number: 1002033039 Order Date: 23-06-2009 Products you are returning to Intel: Line Item# Product Name Part# Qty Serial# Status ------------ -------------------- ---------------- --- ------------ ------------ 1002033039-1 BX80601920 CPU, BX80601920 1 In Process Core i7-920 Processor (8M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 4.80 GT/s Intel® QPI) FC-LGA8, 130W If you have not already returned this product, please do so within the next three to five business days. If you have already returned the product, please contact Intel and provide proof of delivery information. Failure to return your product will result in the cancellation of your replacement request. Return your product to the following address: NAMO - UPS-SCS INDS Depot, Attn: Intel-INDS Suite 100, Building 1, Door 5 2200 Outerloop Louisville KY 40219 USA"

I sent the bad CPU back on 26 Jun and it was received by someone name Shirley Ford. The FEDEX tracking # is 797712061923.

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Jonathan,

Please resolve this with the Intel Customer Support contact center. I will make some inquiries, but you will have to call the warranty folks at the contact center to work this out. It seems by what information you have provided that the problem should be resolved quickly.

John S.

Intel Customer Support

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
0 Kudos