Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

How to make my PCIe GPU work with my Inboard GPU at the same time?

EFrid
Beginner

I just setup ASUS Q87M-E LGA 1150 Intel Q87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with 2 MSI N9600GT-2D512-OCv2 GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-Bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card. Initially both cards where recognized and I was able to run 4 monitors from the PCIe video cards. But I also need to be able to run additional monitors using the onboard video processor, but for some reason I can't see additional monitors being connected. After reading some posts I have "enabled" my multi-monitor option in the BIOS setting for iGPU and made iGPU the primary source. That just allows me to use the onboard display and it no longer recognized the 2 video cards in the PCIe slots.

How do I get them to run together at the same time?

Thank you,

Erik

P.S. I'm running Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics, If that is helpful.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I understand you would like to use on-board graphics along with two video cards.

It is my understanding that the Intel 8 series chipset is switchable graphics ready. Your motherboard should have options at BIOS level to configure on-board graphics and external video cards to work at same time. Also, there should be some software to help you with this configuration. This software is provided by the board maker.

Allan.

0 Kudos