2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 3:03 PM by usmilav

missing intel service for ich9r chipset desktop monitor

usmilav

I recently installed the latest drivers for my ICH9R raid controller but the software never installed a service for the typical desktop monitor I was used to seeing. I still get the raid controls when I reboot and hit CNTRL-I but nothing in my systray for monitoring while windows is running. I have tried to find the console software but have failed.  Is there something I have failed to install?

• 1. Re: missing intel service for ich9r chipset desktop monitor
          usmilav

I should have added that I am running a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MOBO with Core I7 920 processor and the version of Intel RST drivers I installed was 12.6.0.1033.

• 2. Re: missing intel service for ich9r chipset desktop monitor
            usmilav

I don't want you to think I don't appreciate the fact that this forum exists but I see after a full 24 hours that nobody had even attempted to answer my question. Well I did my own digging like I had been doing when I stumbled upon this forum. What I discovered is that the iata_cd.exe file provided by the update page at Gigabyte is not the same as the file as what Intel provides on their website. I found and installed the Intel version which also provided me with the Windows interface I was missing. Case closed. I'll take those 4 points thank you. You can email them to me. :-)