Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Brightness of the notebook does not change?

msten1
Beginner

Hi all

I am on Windows 8.1 and using the shortcut FN + F11 or F12 does not change the brightness.

Clicking on the battery near the clock and changing balanced for energy savings also do not change.

What can I do? I installed the latest driver for the video card which is intel hd graphics and nothing

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry to hear that have had issues with function keys on your computer.

Please reply with more information about your computer configuration, I will need the exact processor model and the operating system version, if 32 or 64 bit.

Use the search in Windows 8 (swipe from the right side of the screen) and type "System"

Under System Type you'll see either 32-bit or 64-bit and also the processor model.

Please bear in mind this type of function key configuration is customized by your computer manufacturer and by loading generic Intel drivers, the keys will stop working; therefore, your system will need customized drivers.

Allan.

0 Kudos
msten1
Beginner

Processor: Intel Core i5 2410M 2.30 GHz

Windows 8.1 Pro with media center 64 bit

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the information.

Please try updating to the latest video drivers available on the Intel site:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23377&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

As I mentioned, if the problem remains, you will need to get customized drivers from your computer manufacturer or motherboard maker.

Additionally, you can change brightness settings through the graphics driver control panel or using windows power options.

Allan

0 Kudos
msten1
Beginner

With this driver does not work and neither with the of manufacturer.

But if I uninstall the driver, I can change the brightness.

I think the program is incompatible with my computer because it worked with windows 7 and now 8 not working.

0 Kudos