3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2009 10:07 AM by unplugged_24

motherboard Intel S3210 SHLX

Hi everyone,

I have the server with motherboard Intel S3210 SHLX, for some reasons I need to install Win2000 server, unfortunately, after installing, USB, Network adapter.....not recognized, I can't load any driver, also I try to update BIOS to latest version, so complex to make bootable usb or cd, as well as danger for this box, someone can give idea?

• 1. Re: motherboard Intel S3210 SHLX
          Javed Lodhi

Hi Javier,

First of all, to update your BIOS:

• Download the BIOS update 
          • Create a bootable USB flash drive and place the BIOS in the bootable USB flash drive.
          • Boot your server to EFI shell.
          • Load the bootable USB flash drive in the EFI shell.
          • Follow the installation instructions given in the readme file step-by-step.
          • Once you are done with that, BIOS update procedure would begin and upon reboot, the new BIOS version would be installed.

Now, to resolve the drivers issue, access the drivers page, download and install the following drivers and see if it works.

4- Intel® Chipset Driver for Windows*

6- Intel® On Board Network Driver for Windows*

I am assuming that these drivers should work though they are not for Windows 2000 but they just might work since they were programmed for Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/Vista so there is a possibility and we can give it a shot.

Last but not the least, do not be afraid of updating your BIOS cause the process is not too complex, besides you would never learn how to do it yourself till you give it a shot. Besides we are here to help you in case anything goes wrong

Best of luck, thank you and have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 2. Re: motherboard Intel S3210 SHLX

Thanks millions Javed, I already successful updated BISO, but still have trouble to load drivers for this box cause it still not recognized USB, NIC,,,,

any idea?

thanks again

• 3. Re: motherboard Intel S3210 SHLX

Hi there,

Good that you have been able to update the bios successfully.

Concerning the problem with the network drivers and usb, it could be related to the unavailability of the proper network drivers and chipset drivers for this board and operating system configuration. Please note that Windows 2000 has not been validated on this board and hence there are no chipset and network drivers for this board for Windows 2000.

I assume this is the reason why you are not able to install the drivers given by Javed. If these drivers do not work, then there is not much we can advise you here.

For the network drivers, can you try these and see if you can get the network to funtion properly:

For the Chipset drivers (which may solve the usb issue) I cannot find any other drivers suggestion to give.

So far that's all I can suggest. Hope this will be helpful.