2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2015 9:41 PM by digver

find: invalid mode ‘+111’

Sulamita

Hi, I'm trying to install the Intel_Galileo_Arduino on Fedora 19 (64bits), but when I try to compile any sketch, I get this error:

Arduino: 1.5.3 (Linux), Board: "Intel® Galileo"

find: invalid mode ‘+111’
      Setting it up...SDK could not be set up. Relocate script failed. Abort!

This report would have more information with
        "Show verbose output during compilation"
        enabled in File > Preferences.

Using the verbose output, I found more details. The problem was at this line in /root/arduino-1.5.3/hardware/tools/install_script.sh :

executable_files=$($SUDO_EXEC find $native_sysroot -type f -perm -111)

According to `man find`, the usage of -perm -mode is no long supported, so I changed for /mode and it worked:

executable_files=$($SUDO_EXEC find $native_sysroot -type f -perm /111)

I'm leaving it here if anyone else comes with the same problem...

• 1. Re: find: invalid mode ‘+111’
          AlexT_Intel

Nice finding and thanks for reporting it. You may want to mark the question as Answered so that other people see it as such.

• 2. Re: find: invalid mode ‘+111’
            digver

Thank you, Sulamita, thank you!  A year later this is still an issue! I'm using Fedora 22 and the initial install of the Intel boards in the Boards manager was failing with:

"SDK could not be set up. Relocate script failed. Abort!"

There is another install_script.sh at  ~/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/core2-32-poky-linux/1.6.2+1.0/i686/

To solve the board install error I edited the line:

executable_files=$($SUDO_EXEC find "$native_sysroot" -type f -perm +111 -exec printf "\"%s\" " {} \; )

to read:

executable_files=$($SUDO_EXEC find "$native_sysroot" -type f -perm /111 -exec printf "\"%s\" " {} \; )

And then ran the install_script.sh  from the command line in the same directory

I'm brand new to the world of Intel Edison and Arduino so this was a show stopper for me. I don't know how bug reporting works here, but I'll take a look and see if this issue is marked as a bug