1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 5:58 AM by Fernando

DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP

dmiles

I am unable to install WinXP, as I get a Blue Screen of Death over error 0x0000007B after the text-mode part of the install reboots, the Windows XP graphical logo appear on a black backaround for maybe 10 seconds (indicating it is booting up).  Then the Blue Screen of Death.

Research indicate this is due to a lack of storage controller driver for the System Disk (C:).

I have tried the motherboard in with Legacy and Normal mode (it make no difference).  I am using an F6 text-mode driver, without it no disk are found at all.

I have been to the driver download and downloaded the latest drivers, but they do not work, here is my understanding of why they don't work.

I have sucessfully installed Linux on this same box and also Vista.  Linux installed without any hitch, Vista only required the motherboard be setup to "Legacy"mode in order to install, then I installed the Intel drivers from the CD/website (both work fine).  Then I can switch it to non-Legacy mode in BIOS and Vista continues to work fine.

Now under Linux and Vista the PCI IDS for the chipset are:

"Intel(R) ICH10 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller2 - 3A26"  =>  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A26&.....

"Intel(R) ICH10 Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller1 - 3A20" => PCI\CEN_8086&DEV_3A20&.....

However if I examine the IASTOR.INF and IAAHCI.INF that claim to be the driver for this ICH10 chipset I can not set any refence to the above PCI IDS.

These files come from the following intel website page(s) :

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2930&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go%21

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&Inst=Yes&ProductID=2930&DwnldID=15251&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Professional&lang=eng

So my guess at why they don't work is because the PCI_xxxx&DEV_yyyy numbers arenot in the respective *.INF files of the drivers that claim to support that board/chipset.

FYI - I have also performed a BIOS flash update to the current version, since I found a few issues myself when rebooting, these issues were listed in the release notes of the BIOS updates, the original BIOS vesion was the RTM (Release To Manufacturing) for this board, i.e. from 12 month ago (Jun 2008).

Any suggestions of toughts on getting WinXP to install.  I understand the technical issue with supporting Windows XP (due to it being pre-SATA) but usually the approach I am taking by providing F6 drivers or slipstreaming driver into the WinXP I386 folder normally work.  But I think Intel have made a mistake with this one.

• 1. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
          unplugged_24

Hi there,

First of all, if you are using Windows XP Installation, it has to be a Windows XP which has got at least Service Pack 2 included in the package. Without SP2 you may expect weird behaviors in terms of hard disk detection and OS installation.

Secondly, the F6 drivers should be used only of your are using AHCI or RAID. If there is no RAID configuration on the system, then you do not need to worry about the F6 Dirvers. They are only meant for RAID or AHCI.

In your case, I assume that the installation disk that you are using, may not have the SP2.

Please can you try using another installation disk which has got the SP2 in the the installation package. If you do not have such disk then you can download the Service Pack 2 or even Service Pack 3 from Microsoft and then use program such as Nlite to slipstream the Service Pack with the current installation disk that you have.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

• 2. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
            Aryan2411

Hi there,

FYI,

Now if your system does not come with an internal floppy disk drive, use a software to slipstream the driver and thus creating a new OS already integrated with the F6 drivers. Make a new Bootable ISO image and burn it on a CD. Software like Nlite allows you to do this, as Unplugged stated in the previous post.

Dont use USB floppy as there is an issue from Microsoft, most of them are not compatible.

Check this website for Nlite:(you have video to show how to do it)
            http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-029550.htm

Drivers:

32 bit OS:
            http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2101&DwnldID=17061&strOSs=All&OSFullName=AllOperatingSystems&lang=eng

64 bit OS:
            http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2101&DwnldID=17060&strOSs=All&OSFullName=AllOperatingSystems&lang=eng

Regards,

Aryan

• 3. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
              Pecorino

Dear Rajiv,

These drivers pack you mention are incorrect. Inside them, there is NO AHCI driver for the simple ICH10 version (i.e. ICH10 "simple edition")

Inside are ONLY the version for ICH10DO/ICH10R/ICH10M. But no ICH10!

It is a well known problem- Intel have in varios motherboard (DP43TF) SIMPLE ICH10, the motherboard have a possibility for AHCI (no RAID), but there is no SIMPLE ICH10  driver  for them.

Strange- for Windows 7 appear some driver pack, but for the rest OS- nothing.

Rajiv,

WHERE ARE  the simple ICH10 driver for these motherboard? How to install support for the ICH10, if there is no driver? Or you advice us to use with these motherboard only IDE mode??

• 4. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                Pecorino

"If there is no RAID configuration on the system, then you do not need to worry about the F6 Drivers."

This is incorrect. Many Intel motherboards have only AHCI without RAID. If you want to use the SATA controller there in "AHCI mode" you must install the correct driver (Windows XP) no matter RAID exist or no. If you do not do this, your SATA drives are only in "IDE mode" (no NCQ for SATA HDD) or blue screen appear when you install WinXP.

• 5. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                  Pecorino

Look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=107504

Read very carefully.

Choose your driver.

Download, unzip.

Use nLite to integrate the driver.

• 6. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                    Aryan2411

Hi there,

Apologies if the link were not correct one earlier.

Anyway here are the correct links:

Windows 32 BITS:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15251/eng/STOR_all32_f6flpy32_8.9.0.1023_PV.zip&agr=&ProductID=2930&DwnldId=15251&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

Windows 64 BITS:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/15251/eng/STOR_all64_f6flpy64_8.9.0.1023_PV.zip&DwnldId=15251&ProductID=2930&lang=eng

Download the ZIP file and extract it, you will see that there is file called TXTSETUP.OEM, open it with notepad, you will see that there is the f6 driver for the AHCI and RAID for the ICH10R.

See pictures below as a reference.

Use Nlite to slipstream the drivers in the Windows XP thus creating  a new OS CD with the F6 drivers.

Note: Windows 2008/7/Vista already have this F6 driver embedded in the OS.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

1.PNG

2.PNG

• 7. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                      Pecorino

Dear Mr. Doolub,

Where inside is the AHCI driver for the simple Intel ICH10? for the motherboard like DP43TF?

Yes, it is correct about the ICH10R, but where are the rest drivers? "simple" ICH10, ICH9?

Why these are not inside??

Rajiv,

WHERE ARE the "simple" ICH10 drivers for the motherboard like Intel DP43TF or many others with simple ICH (no "R", "DO", "M" variants)? How to install support for the ICH10 for these motherboard (windows XP32, 64 bit), if there is no driver? Or your advice to us is to use these motherboard SATA controller only in IDE mode??

Or Intel "play games" with us again? may be? Windows XP forbidden... go to the Vista?

• 8. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                        Aryan2411

Hi Pecorino,

Well from the file:

You are right, these are the only drivers that is available.

iaAHCI_ESB2         = "Intel(R) ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller"
                        iaAHCI_7RDH         = "Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller"
                        iaAHCI_7MMDH        = "Intel(R) ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller"
                        iaAHCI_8RDHDO       = "Intel(R) ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller"
                        iaAHCI_8MEM         = "Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"
                        iaAHCI_9RDODH       = "Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller"
                        iaAHCI_9MEM         = "Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"
                        iaAHCI_10DDO        = "Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller"
                        iaAHCI_10R          = "Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller"
                        iaAHCI_PCHM         = "Intel(R) PCHM SATA AHCI Controller 4 Port"
                        iaAHCI_PCHM_1       = "Intel(R) PCHM SATA AHCI Controller 6 Port"
                        iaAHCI_PCH          = "Intel(R) PCH SATA AHCI Controller"

; iaStor.inf
                        iaStor_ESB2         = "Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller"
                        iaStor_7RDH         = "Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller"
                        iaStor_7MDH         = "Intel(R) ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller"
                        iaStor_8R9R10RDOPCH = "Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller"
                        iaStor_8ME9MEPCHM   = "Intel(R) ICH8M-E/ICH9M-E/PCHM SATA RAID Controller"

So for the DP43TF, since i have not used it, i cannot guarantee anything. My guess is that the SATA Controller in BIOS can be configured as IDE only may be. If AHCI is present, i assume that only vista can be used.

This is why on the drivers download page for the board DP43TF, there is no Intel Matrix Storage Manager on the download list.

Hopefully someone else can confirm on this one.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

• 9. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                          Pecorino

AHCI ok for Vista or Windows 7, but no for Windows XP? Why? "Go to the Vista"? Possible AHCI mode only in Vista/Windows 7?

It is fair?

How many ICH10 or ICH9 chipset without at least AHCI mode support for the SATA controller you know? Because I know none.

Yes, driver for the simple ICH 10,9 for the Windows XP installation exists. Some people make them-look at the page above I mentioned. But no from Intel.Why we pay for your motherboard? Why?

I sincerly should you to know that, the quality of the Intel motherboards steadily decline. In every aspect. DP45SG was a such flop. Big flop.

Why in Intel motherboard like Intel DP43TF  "Lelon" capacitors exist? "Lelon"-one of the worst capacitors brand... . Why?

Why on newegg and other pages, the DP43TF capacitors are all visibly "Nippon", until in reality there is solid part "Lelon" inside? If this is not a deception?

Are you so unable to find good capacitor brand and put these "Lelon" there? If the motherboard cost was 5-10$ more, it is worth your trade name to be compromised in such cheap manner?

"This is why on the drivers download page for the board DP43TF, there is no Intel Matrix Storage Manager on the download list."

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2980&OSFullName=Windows+7%2C+32-bit*&lang=eng&strOSs=189&submit=Go!

There is! Why?

I would tell you- because in Vista and Windows 7 inside these ICH "simple" drivers exists.

But not for the Windows XP... "Go to the Vista" is the secret message from all this. Vista is a crap. Like Windows 7 will be. M$ does not understand this. Will... . When all peoples switch to the Apple or Linux.

• 10. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                            dmiles

Thanks for the replies, let me counteract some of the questions.

unplugged_24:

* Yes of course I am installing WinXP SP2 (even if I did not say so).

* Does the DG45FC come with Intel "RAID" support, the Vista driver does not display the "R" suffix, only "ICH10" in the text of my original post.

* (From memory) If I do not specify an F6 driver then WinXP does not find any available disks/storage when it comes to partition in text-mode.

* I am already aware of nLite and slipstreaming (hence by use of the term slipstreaming in my final paragraph).

Rajiv Doolub:

* My system does not have an internal floopy, FYI it does not even come with PS/2 keyboard (have to use USB) on this motherboard.

* I have created a slipstreamed installation disk using nLite already, also using the drivers from the CD provided, but windows does not even get into the text-mode setup, it just hangs at a black/blank screen right after "Windows is inspecting your system" at the very beginning of installation.  The HDD light also stays permanenetly on, but the USB keyboard is responsive and does work and Ctrl-Alt-Del does reset.  I have left it in this state for over an hour or more at one time with seemingly no recovery.

* FYI my default installation method is a form of RIS (Remote Installation Services) using a network PXE boot and supplying both ethernet and storage drivers in a kind of slipstreamed installation folder.  Using this method is how I get it to the Blue Screen of Death error 0x000000007B.  This RIS install method works just fine (and is not the subject of this thread).

Pecorino:

* "These drivers pack you mention are incorrect".  Ah ha, now we are getting somewhere, someone with a similar understanding to the problem as myself.  Yes that is my conclusion too!

* Since I supplied the EXACT PCI IDS of the hardware chipset, it should be really easy for someone to validate and check that the driver pack that I mention and Intel also point support towards for the DG45FC is also incorrect.  AN INTEL MISTAKE!

Rajiv Doolub:

* Thanks for the updated links, but.... you link a graphic which shows the ICH10R being listed as included in the DF45FC but I say this is a documentation error/bug.  However the best way for you to verify this is to take the PCI IDS from the VEN_8086&DEV_3A26 and VEN_8086&DEV_3A20 then find out of this specific chips have RAID support or find a driver with those strings in the *.INF file.

* Thank you for the links you provided, but.... you appear to link EXACTLY the same driver I already linked in my original post.  The route I get to this driver is from looking up "Intel Desktop Board DG45FC" on google, then going to the "Latest BIOS and driver updates", then picking "Windows XP Professional", then picking "RAID: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Driver for Intel Desktop Boards", etc....    So thanks for your reply to my post but you have not provided any new information that I have not already shown you to already know.

Rajiv Doolub:

* Yes the BIOS has:

Driver Configuration: "Legacy" or "Native"

Configure SATA as "IDE", "RAID" or "AHCI".  (This optional only appears when "Native" is set the Driver Configuration).

• 11. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                              Pecorino

@dmiles

Make this:

*using nLite and original Windows XP installation disk make one XP instalation directory and uncompress all Windows XP files there (using nLite).

*close nLite.

*open nLite pointing the directory where your XP installation files are. DO NOT integrate any pervious session!

*nLite will recognize them like Windows XP SP ... ( if you have had SP on original CD)

*DO NOT integrate any pervious session!

*slipstream the SP3 into your Windows XP

*close the nLite.

*open nLite again. DO NOT integrate any pervious session!

*choose ->> "Integrate drivers"->> "Integrate single driver" ->> and "textmode"

*point to the directory, where you uncompressed the AHCI drivers (from the site I mentioned above!!)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=107504

*Look very carefully in your motherboard specification, what you have exactly (RAID or no, ICH10 "simple" or "ICH10R").

http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/DG45FC/DG45FC-technicaldocuments.htm

Download the both Guides- read them carefully.

If you have RAID and AHCI you must slipstream the both. If you have only AHCI without RAID- slipstream only the ICH10  AHCI. In the above mentioned pack the "simple" ICH10 is labeled "ICH10 by Fernando". You will find the driver easy.

*Slipstream, make ISO

*burn

Hope this will be of help to you.

Yes, the problem is Intel.

They do not include these drivers anywhere and thus promote only Windows Vista/Windows 7 use, where these drivers are inside.

Proof? Intel put update for their "simple" ICH10 driver for Windows 7. This mean that these drivers are inside, only for Vista/Windows 7. And because for Windows 7 there is some problem, they put one update.

Windows XP? No boys. No chance.

Mentality in 2009... .

• 12. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                                dmiles

The issue of "Does DG45FC have AHCI&RAID or AHCI only version of ICH10 ?"

Well the BIOS has a mode "IDE", "RAID" and "AHCI".  When put into RAID mode the Vista installation no longer works, but then I also never created any RAID devices, but I only have 1 HDD anyway.  RAID does not interested me.  I guess because my BIOS has a RAID option that my chipset supports RAID.

I have extracted the "Intel Chipset" Driver file: INF_allOS_9.1.1.1014_PV.exe

Inside this file is the SATA controller PCI IDS that I am looking for (using a Linux tool) :

$ find IPMx2 -iname "*.inf" -exec grep -Hi 3A20 {} \;
                                IPMx2/All/ibexid2.inf:%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20.DeviceDesc%=intelide_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20
                                IPMx2/All/ibexid2.inf:%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20.DeviceDesc%=intelide_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20
                                IPMx2/All/ibexid2.inf:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20.DeviceDesc="Intel(R) ICH10 Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 3A20"
                                IPMx2/All/ibexide.inf:%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20.DeviceDesc%=pciide_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20
                                IPMx2/All/ibexide.inf:%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20.DeviceDesc%=pciide_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20
                                IPMx2/All/ibexide.inf:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20.DeviceDesc="Intel(R) ICH10 Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 3A20"

The files are IBEXIDE.INF and IBEXID2.INF and their respective *.SYS files.

ICHA = ICH10 (in hex).

Note the files this is in is not the Intel Matrix Storage driver but the board Chipset driver.

• 13. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                                  dmiles

Thanks for the link to http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=107504 (I am aware of this website and have been using its resources over the past few years).

The driver you list (from Fernando of msfn.org) for a simple ICH10 does not cover the hardware for my chipset.

iaAHCI.inf:%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A02&CC_0106
                                  iaAHCI.inf:%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A03&CC_0106
                                  iaAHCI.inf:%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&CC_0106
                                  iaAHCI.inf:%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A23&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A23&CC_0106
                                  iaAHCI.inf:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller"
                                  iaAHCI.inf:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH10 SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"
                                  iaAHCI.inf:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller"
                                  iaAHCI.inf:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A23&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH10 SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"

All the PCI IDS of my motherboard are VEN_8086 (Intel) and the vast majority of the DEV_xxxx begin with DEV_3Axx, I can clearly ignore the folowing devices from the PCI IDS list (as I know they are not related to SATA/RAID/storage):  DRAM controller, Intergrated Graphics, Gigabit Network, HD Audio Controller, USB ports and hubs.  See the list futher down for the full list of hardware and the PCI PNP ids.

I have been very clear to specify exactly which PCI IDS I have from my motherboard's PCI PNP interface, so that anybody who wishes to point me at a driver could at least check that these specific PCI IDS are supported by the driver they ask me to try.  Its not that complicated to check!

Here is what Linux reports from /sbin/lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset DRAM Controller (rev 03)
                                  00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
                                  00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
                                  00:03.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset HECI Controller (rev 03)
                                  00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LF-2 Gigabit Network Connection
                                  00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4
                                  00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5
                                  00:1a.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6
                                  00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2
                                  00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller
                                  00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1
                                  00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2
                                  00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3
                                  00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1
                                  00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 90)
                                  00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801JIR (ICH10R) LPC Interface Controller
                                  00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) 4 port SATA IDE Controller
                                  00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) SMBus Controller
                                  00:1f.5 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) 2 port SATA IDE Controller

And from "lspci -n" :

00:00.0 0600: 8086:2e20 (rev 03)
                                  00:02.0 0300: 8086:2e22 (rev 03)
                                  00:02.1 0380: 8086:2e23 (rev 03)
                                  00:03.0 0780: 8086:2e24 (rev 03)
                                  00:19.0 0200: 8086:10cd
                                  00:1a.0 0c03: 8086:3a37
                                  00:1a.1 0c03: 8086:3a38
                                  00:1a.2 0c03: 8086:3a39
                                  00:1a.7 0c03: 8086:3a3c
                                  00:1b.0 0403: 8086:3a3e
                                  00:1d.0 0c03: 8086:3a34
                                  00:1d.1 0c03: 8086:3a35
                                  00:1d.2 0c03: 8086:3a36
                                  00:1d.7 0c03: 8086:3a3a
                                  00:1e.0 0604: 8086:244e (rev 90)
                                  00:1f.0 0601: 8086:3a16
                                  00:1f.2 0101: 8086:3a20
                                  00:1f.3 0c05: 8086:3a30
                                  00:1f.5 0101: 8086:3a26

What is an "LPC Interface Controller" since that does list the ICH10R suffix, maybe this is the chip that controls the RAID when I enable RAID in the BIOS.  I have no interest in enabling RAID on this computer, as it only has 1 HDD (and I'd prefer WinXP/Linux software RAID anyway, for stablity and recovery or data and future proofing).  But at this time I have no interest in RAID only IDE/AHCI.

• 14. Re: DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP
                                    Pecorino

You have

VEN_8086&DEV_3A20

Intel(R) ICH10 Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 3A20

Right?

Your string is not there. I understand-this is Intel.

You may try to integrate your string, but this is a way too difficult.

New approach:

*install Windows XP SP3

Here's the update for Intel ICH10 on Windows XP to enable BOTH AHCI & RAID at the same time. So if you installed Windows XP in IDE mode (without AHCI or RAID) or you installed Windows in AHCI mode and would like to switch to RAID (or from RAID to AHCI) here's what to do :

- Download the storage manager 32 bits floppy zip file and "RAID/AHCI Software - Intel® Matrix Storage Manager" on Intel website.
                                    - Extract iaStor.sys to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers"
                                    - Create a file named iastor-ahci+raid.reg and copy this content into it :

Attention! Replace the strings with your PCI \\ VEN string ( PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A20&cc_.......)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_8086&dev_3a22&cc_0106]
                                    "ClassGUID"="{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"
                                    "Service"="iaStor"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_8086&dev_2822&cc_0104]
                                    "ClassGUID"="{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"
                                    "Service"="iaStor"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor]
                                    "Type"=dword:00000001
                                    "Start"=dword:00000000
                                    "Group"="SCSI Miniport"
                                    "ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
                                    "ImagePath"="system32\\drivers\\iaStor.sys"
                                    "tag"=dword:00000019
                                    "DisplayName"="Intel AHCI+RAID Controller"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Parameters]
                                    "queuePriorityEnable"=dword:00000000
                                    "BusType"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Parameters\Port0]
                                    "AN"=dword:00000000
                                    "LPM"=dword:00000000
                                    "LPMSTATE"=dword:00000000
                                    "LPMDSTATE"=dword:00000001
                                    "GTF"=dword:00000000
                                    "DIPM"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Parameters\Port1]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Parameters\Port2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Parameters\Port3]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Parameters\Port4]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Parameters\Port5]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum]
                                    "0"="PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&SUBSYS_B0051458&REV_00\\3&13c0b0c5&0&FA"
                                    "1"="PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_B0001458&REV_02\\3&13c0b0c5&0&FA"
                                    "Count"=dword:00000002

"NextInstance"=dword:00000002

- Merge the registry file iastor-ahci+raid.reg ( double click to integrate new entries into your registry)

After integration you must have (see)  in the registry these ( BUT with your string there!) :

------------------------AHCI------------------------
                                    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_8086&dev_3a22&cc_0106]
                                    "ClassGUID"="{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"
                                    "Service"="iaStor"

------------------------RAID------------------------
                                    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_8086&dev_2822&cc_0104]
                                    "ClassGUID"="{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"
                                    "Service"="iaStor"

- Reboot and change the mode to IDE, AHCI or RAID in the BIOS. If you were using a RAID to boot make sure that you know what you do before rebooting, taking apart a RAID will likely break your windows installation.

- When you're back in Windows, install the "RAID/AHCI Software - Intel® Matrix Storage Manager" to finish the process.

1 2 Previous Next