JustPlainJeff, I really sorry for this problem; however here are some recommendations for this issue:
- The latest audio drivers available for your motherboard should work on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23278&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2032-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers
- Are you able to get audio plugging a headset directly to the motherboard?
- Please check the HDMI cable you are using is 1.4a, since this is the only one that support audio and video.
- Install the latest BIOS version available for your motherboard. Something very important is that once you install BIOS version 0151, you won’t be able to downgrade the BIOS to version 0132 or earlier. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=Intel%20Desktop%20Board%20DH67gd&DownloadType=BIOS
1. Yep, have the latest audio.
2. Audio out the front panel is no problem.
3. The cable shouldn't be an issue, it's the same one that had been working prior to the Win8.1 release.
4. I'll check and make sure the latest BIOS has been installed.
Again, this issue is very odd, as everything was working fine before Win8.1. But now the video driver is not recognized. But we'll see what the BIOS can do for it.
We already escalated an issue related to HD4600 and HD5000 to our Engineers, would you please let me know which processor are you using?
The following link has an explanation of the behavior reported by our Graphics engineers.