Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

macbook iris5100 latest driver cant control brightness

snimi
Beginner

hello

my windows 8.1 macbook with intel iris5100 cannot control the brightness setting at all when using driver:

10.18.10.3345 (aka 15.33.8.64.3345, it is latest driver on intel site)

10.18.10.3379 (pre installed with windows 8 and bootcamp)

however, the only one that work is pre installed via bootbamp but it wasnt set as default, (9.18.10.3215)

although the brightness works. any software that use hardware acceleration crash. (firefox, windows 8 button looks broken, corel draw, etc)

please help

sept

0 Kudos
7 Replies
snimi
Beginner

i figured out a way to make it work temporarily (need to do it everytime when restart)

-use the outdate intel driver (9.18.10.3215)

-update intel graphic WDDM1.3 via windows update

-it revert to new intel driver, but now the brightness control will work as long as you dont restart.

if you do restart, all you need to do from now on (well, unless intel release new driver)

- go to device manager, update driver, select old driver (9.18.10.3215)

- repeat the steps, but this time select new driver (10.18.10.3379)

if anyone knows a better technique, please let me know

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi sept,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you.

It is important to say that Intel® provides the hardware to computer manufactures and they will design and create their own drivers specifically for their units. From our side we can provide generic drivers for your unit however we strongly recommend using the original operating system and drivers provided by the OEM.

0 Kudos
snimi
Beginner

hello

thanks for the reply

what kind of generic driver are you talking about? cause i tried the latest one on intel download page, it doesnt work at all. i have more problem than the one bundled with windows 8.1.

or are you suggesting that i should go and find my answer in apple forum?

thank you

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi sept,

I am afraid to say that the drivers we have are generic drivers for OEMs. If you have tested the latest driver from our side, the best option is to go to Apple support for them to help you with your computer.

0 Kudos
RJovi
Beginner

I solved the problem in my case. I am running Windows 8.1 on MacBook Pro late 2013. My IRIS driver version is 10.18.10.3412 (22.01.2014).

Turn on your computer. When it turns on, after few seconds put it into SLEEP. Ten seconds later turn on your computer again and you should be able to control brightness!

0 Kudos
RJovi
Beginner

I tried just now, the same applies for driver version 10.18.10.3496 (11.03.2014)

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for sharing this information. I am sure this will be very helpful for other users.

0 Kudos