4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 8:31 PM by cshong

Standard reply from intel customer support by email, and pushing responsibilities

cshong

Just like many other users, I am facing "limited connectivity" issue on Intel Wireless-N 7260 card. I use Windows 8.1. The latest driver version 16.7, which claimed have fixed the issue, is not available for Intel Wireless-N 7260. If I use Microsoft's driver, I won't face this issue. I emailed Intel's customer support to ask when a new driver that fix the issue of my laptop's wireless card. Guess what are their reply?

Here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

We suggest to use the driver version that came with your laptop.  You may also check out software updates for your laptop via manufacturer's website.  This is to make sure that the drivers and softwares are verified by your laptop manufacturer to be compatible with your laptop model.

Please note:

Intel is a supplier of laptop components and does not manufacture or sell complete laptop systems. The software provided by Intel below is a generic version. Each laptop computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. The software provided has not been verified by your laptop manufacturer as to compatibility or other operation.

Intel or the laptop computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this software.

Have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

As you can see, they are trying to push the responsibilities to the laptop manufacturer. I sent a reply in angry mood.

To Intel, can you explain on the reply by your customer support staff?

Also, when are you going to release a driver that fix the "limited connectivity" issue for Intel Wireless-N 7260?