5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2015 11:09 PM by ManojKumar

DH87RL and 3 Displays

scan80269

I can't get a DH87RL board running Windows 8.1 to do extended desktop across 3 attached displays.  Extended desktop works for any 2 of the 3 displays but not all 3 concurrently.  An error message "The display settings could not be saved.  Please try a different combination of display settings".  I've tried several recent releases of Intel HD Graphics drivers for Win8.1 with the same results.  BIOS is the latest 0323.

Displays 1 & 2 are HP 2311f monitors (1920x1080) and display 3 is an HP w1907 (1440x900).  The second 2311f monitor is driven through a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter cable that works great.  The w1907 monitor is connected to DVI.  Does anyone know whether DH87RL can fundamentally drive 3 displays concurrently, or perhaps this is a bug?

• 1. Re: DH87RL and 3 Displays
          sylvia_intel

Hello Scan80269, since you are not being able to do extended desktop using these 3 monitors, would you please let me know if you choose cloned mode instead? 

Are you using adapters or straight connection from the motherboard to the monitors?

Could you provide us a dxdiag report from your system to get further details on the computer being used? To get this report, go to the Start menu, type dxfiag and then click on "Save all information".

Thanks

• 2. Re: DH87RL and 3 Displays
            scan80269

Hi Sylvia, with 3 monitors attached I can get cloned mode to work with any 2 monitors but not all 3.  There is no menu option to select 3-way cloned mode in Windows 8.1.

Here are the details on how the monitors are attached to the DH87RL:

1st HP 2311f monitor - connected to DisplayPort via DP-to-HDMI adapter cable

2nd HP 2311f monitor - connected directly to HDMI port

HP w1907 monitor - connected directly to DVI port

Basically only 2 out of 3 displays can show desktop content, regardless of the multiple display mode selected.  The 3rd display is always a black screen.

For the dxdiag.txt report, how do I attach a file to a post?

• 3. Re: DH87RL and 3 Displays
              sylvia_intel

Scan80269, when using dual display, are you able to get any monitor's combination to work using the extended display configuration.?

For example:

• Dual display between the 2 HP 2311f monitors (DP and HDMI)
              • Dual display between the 1 HP 2311f monitor and the HP w1907 monitor. (DP and DVI)
              • Dual display between the 1 HP 2311f monitor and the HP w1907 monitor. (HDMI and DVI)

Can you provide me the model number of the processor you are using?

The following link contains some FAQ about 3 displays configuration. http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm

In order to attach a document, you would need to click on “use advanced editor” and it will give you the option at the bottom of the next page. Please check the image.

attached.JPG

• 4. Re: DH87RL and 3 Displays
                scan80269

Hi Sylvia, the extended display configurations involving dual displays all work fine:

• Dual display between the 2 HP 2311f monitors (DP and HDMI) - works!
                • Dual display between the 1 HP 2311f monitor and the HP w1907 monitor. (DP and DVI) - works!
                • Dual display between the 1 HP 2311f monitor and the HP w1907 monitor. (HDMI and DVI) - works!

The only extended display configuration that does not work is the one involving all 3 displays.

Installed processor is an Intel Core i7-4770S.  Installed Intel HD Graphics driver version is 10.18.10.3383.

Within the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, the two HP 2311f displays (DP and HDMI) are seen as "Digital Television".  Only the w1907 monitor (DVI) is seen as a "Digital Display".  I also do not see display mode choices such as clone and extended within the "Display" tab, so that leaves the Windows 8.1 "Screen Resolution" dialog as the only way to select a display mode for multiple displays.

• 5. Re: DH87RL and 3 Displays
                  ManojKumar

Hi,

Has there been any solution identified to this problem??