3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 10:05 AM by amarchini

Is this mini-PCIe card suitable to connect a Galileo to a LVDS display?

rootScript

I hope someone with more experience with Galileo can help with this, please.

The CH7308B LVDS Transmitter has LVDS 18-bit and 24-bit outputs, and seems to be used in the Commell MPX-SDVOX (PCI Express mini card LVDS Module).

Does anyone know if this 'Could' be compatible with Galileo; Are there any mini-PCIe graphics cards, with drivers for Linux that 'Might' work? or is there an alternative to connect a nice LCD/display to the Galileo?

Links to related products:

COMMELL MPX-SDVOD PCI Express mini card suppport LVDS

MPX-SDVOXB.jpg

Chrontel CH7308B

Has anyone managed to successfully connect a decent display to the Galileo, or know of any "New" mini-PCIe cards that will be released soon?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Is this mini-PCIe card suitable to connect a Galileo to a LVDS display?
          ROBOT

I am not sure why this isn't answered, but wouldn't it be possible to take the following route:

1.  Do a search on "LVDS to HDMI" on ebay (for example) they have converters.

2. Use an  to HDMI/DVI  cable.

3. Couldn't it then be run through the HDMI connector?

Here is an example of what I am talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0IiXl88Sfw

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is this mini-PCIe card suitable to connect a Galileo to a LVDS display?

Hello rootScript,

This is a very interesting project, some users have begun researches on this particular topic,  I can give you basic recommendations related  hardware and software specifications that you could considered for your project, please take a look at the information provided in the following discussion https://communities.intel.com/message/221066 .  But please keep in mind that we do have a list of compatible PCI-e devices and the Display is not listed, however  we welcome and encourage our community members to test a Display or other hardware  (within the operational hardware/software range of the Galileo), if possible find or develop their own driver and get it to work and share it with community, I am sure that if you already have some ideas and you share them in the community the users will support and provide their opinion and advice to create a successful project. 

Best Regards,

LDiego_Intel. 

• 3. Re: Is this mini-PCIe card suitable to connect a Galileo to a LVDS display?
              amarchini

I would look elseware for this solution. Looking at the device, it is an SDVO translator. It is not a true PCIe card. It is only compatible with the manufacturers CPU cards. It is strange but not unheard of for a manufacturer to use a specification to implement a non-standard card.

Looking at the chip itself, I see no PCIe interface on it.

This is not the board you are looking for. Look for something using the SM750.

Tony

1 of 1 people found this helpful